What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good Wife

No spoilers but a very major plot development.

Don't miss it if you've been following the show.

Great episode.

"Major" for sure.

Love the 'Good Wife' but just finished season 3.

No way to avoid this spolier in the twittersphere.

Just started watching 'Ray Donovan'. Impressive so far, any fans here?

514uLnH9PnL._SY300_.jpg

Meh. Was okay but could have been better. Not sure if I'm going to watch the next season or not.

I've seen 4 episodes so far, I'm enjoying it.

I recently signed up for Amazon Prime and I've been catching up on series that aren't available on Netflix, Downton Abbey was the first one, this is the second.

Edited by Shawn

Downtown Abbey was a no go for me, didn't at all ensnare me, didn't live up to the hype. Black Orpahn I worked my way through the season but it kept getting more and more ridiculous and I got more and more irritated with the gay sidekick. . . I probably won't go for season two.

Downtown Abbey was a no go for me, didn't at all ensnare me, didn't live up to the hype. Black Orpahn I worked my way through the season but it kept getting more and more ridiculous and I got more and more irritated with the gay sidekick. . . I probably won't go for season two.

I usually HATE stuff like Downton Abbey, in fact I fully expected to only watch the pilot episode...but for whatever reason it hooked me like a fish. I'm about halfway through season 3 at the moment.

I made it about half way through the first season of Orphan Black but was just too daft for words.

I watched a few episodes of Downton Abbey but found it too bland and formulaic for my taste.

I've nothing against 'costume' dramas but prefer to watch Remains Of The Day or Gosford Park.

The producers of Downton Abbey have correctly gambled that no one is around who is old enough to remember the original Upstairs Downstairs.

I'm watching The Americans and Nashville. I know Nashville is straight soap opera but I like it anyway.

Other soaps, maybe that's too broad a term, I'm addicted to are Chicago Fire, featuring the delectable Gabby, and Chicago PD.

cfprofessionalcourtesy70171.jpg

Gabby :wub:

I'm old enough to remember Upstairs Downstairs, or more accurately I remember suffering through it when I was a kid. They replayed it on Masterpiece Theater in the late 70s/early 80s, I think it came on right before Mystery. Anyway, my Mother watched it and I would invariably end up having to sit through it and to my 10 year old mind each episode felt like it lasted 7 hours. :lol:

That's one of the reasons I was surprised I liked Downton Abbey, I usually can't stand stuffy costume dramas. But the characters and the cast make this one work for me. The show is definitely formula, some of the plots creak so badly it's hard to hear the dialogue, but there's something about it that keeps me interested and entertained.

kinuta, I love Nashville as well, T-Bone Burnett does a great job with the music, the casting is good, and I love seeing all those great guitars!

I tried to watch Chicago Fire. . .but so far couldn't hang. May try it on disc. I want to because of Monica Raymund who was one of the great things about Lie to Me. (I see that she plays Gaby thanks to kinuta's post). She's gorgeous and reminds me of someone I love personality wise (as far as I can tell from what I see of her outside of characters she plays).

NUP_157504_1999++Chicago+Fire+season+2+c

Edited by jazzbo

The first two episodes of "The 100." This is a WB show with lots of pretty twenty-somethings (including a busty Australian Reese Witherspoon resembles-a-lot) and a post apocalyptic Earth plot that is part Lord of the Flies and may become a Planet of the Apes clone before it's all done. :) Entertaining so far in a mindless TV way. Has Paige Turco and Henry Ian Cusick as grown ups in the cast and also Isaiah Washington as Chancellor Thelonious.

Edited by jazzbo

The first two episodes of "The 100." This is a WB show with lots of pretty twenty-somethings (including a busty Australian Reese Witherspoon resembles-a-lot) and a post apocalyptic Earth plot that is part Lord of the Flies and may become a Planet of the Apes clone before it's all done. :) Entertaining so far in a mindless TV way. Has Paige Turco and Henry Ian Cusick as grown ups in the cast and also Isaiah Washington as Chancellor Thelonious.

I watched the pilot, it's actually not one of the better CW shows I've seen but was still mildly entertaining. The few CW shows I watch all have better actors, production values and writing but I will still probably end up watching the season to see how it progresses. They launched 5 new dramatic series this season, 2 of them were immediate hits and were promptly renewed (The Originals, Reign), the other 3 either flopped (Star-Crossed) or are borderline whether they will be renewed or not (The 100, The Tomorrow People). Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People were both horrendously bad and deserve to be cancelled.

Next fall the new series about The Flash begins (Arrow spin-off) and there is also a Supernatural spin-off in the works. No word on other possible shows yet, they will probably have enough programming space to launch 2 more series in the fall depending on how many they cancel at the end of this season (which could be as many as 3).

The current plan to only launch genre shows (comic book, horror and sci-fi) is still in effect as far as I know.

More Flip The Frog...fire demons sucked up by vacuum cleaner underwear remover and a hothead horse that says "Damn", and so very much more, all in about six minutes.

Who ever the percussionist is who played these things, they earned their pay, no doubt!

And this, the first(?) color sound cartoon ever?!?!?!?!

And this, the first(?) color sound cartoon ever?!?!?!?!

First cartoon with a soundtrack was My Old Kentucky Home (1926) though it was an early experimental system and wasn't completely synchronized with the picture. The first cartoon that used a click track for synchronization was Steamboat Willie (1928).

The cartoon you linked uses 2-strip technicolor, several filmmakers experimented with that process. The first cartoon to use real 3-strip Technicolor was Disney's "Flowers and Trees" from 1932.