What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hour_1953668c.jpg

'The Hour' - last two episodes. The final one was brilliant. One of those ordinary-folks-getting-one-up-on-those-who-take-it-as-read-that-they-have-a-right-to-power-and-influence moments. And a genuinely surprising twist in the tail.

I believe a second series has got the green light.

Appropriate Adult ITV

_55165882_eeeeb7c2-907c-483a-ba60-593e5550dfc2.jpg

article-2033758-0D882EBE00000578-425_468x489.jpg

Dominic West, fresh from The Hour, plays Fred West very chillingly in his matter of fact manner.

Emily Watson excellent as the naive soul caught in a web of real evil.

I thought this was quite impressive, the kind of thing you'd still be thinking about days later.

Boxing PPV

Here's a rarity, an undercard loaded with interesting competitive entertaining fights, especially the Morales-Cano bloodshed.

Regarding the Mayweather-Ortiz, well we already knew from the Maidana fight that Ortiz was not very strong in terms of mental resistance but tonight he outdid himself by being a Darwin award worthy in the dumbest way to lose a main event since Mike Tyson's ear biting incident.

Think of it, he got knocked out because he was too busy trying to give a hug to his opponent !!!!

Watched the season premiere of Harry's Law. I think it's going to be a good season.

Watched the premiere of Whitney on Demand because a friend told me it was good. Well, I love the guy but he was wrong. Though she did look pretty hot in that nurse's uniform.

Looking forward to James Spader on The Office tonight, and Fringe tomorrow!

DCI Banks

Season 2, Playing With Fire episodes 1 & 2.

file2638.jpg?1315382462061

Dull and unconvincing. The show is a total dud.

I've enjoyed the books they are based on - but in every publicity photo I've seen Stephen Tomlinson looks like he's just witnessed a terrible car crash. So I skipped it - sounds like I was wise.

Watched the season premiere of Harry's Law. I think it's going to be a good season.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. The "store front" locale of the show and the connection to the neighborhood was the main appeal of the show. This year they've dropped the neighborhood characters, and transformed it into another slick lawyer show, replete with a cast of pretty people. The addition of the insufferable Christopher McDonald as a regular cast member doesn't help either. As much as I like Kathy Bates, I think she's going to buried before long.