Sports: NBA 2007-2008

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satisfying comeback victory over the Sactown Queens last night for the Lakers. The Queens were up ten most of the game and were really huffing and puffing and thumping their chests. Down seven with five minutes left, the Lakers went on a 20-5 run capped off by a breakaway 360 dunk by Kobe.

That sucks, Yao was really elevating his game. I had thoughts that they were being slept on and could really surprise someone in the playoffs, but if SI had them at #1 it wasn't a secret.

I thought they were kind of under most people's radar this season too, Noj. Was surprised they were that high on the power rankings.

Yao has been great this year, and losing him is gonna kill that team.

Well, the Rockets beat the Mavericks last night, to push their winning streak to 17 now (5th since Yao went out). If they can beat New Orleans tomorrow night, their streak will tie for 4th best in NBA history. Pretty impressive! I still wonder how the loss of Yao will affect them in the playoffs, versus all the other West team's big men. Will be interesting to see, for sure!

Meanwhile, the Spurs have their own 11 game winning streak going on, which seems like it may be their annual, rev-up for the playoffs thing. As a fan I hope they've got one more championship in them.

I watched that Rockets game last night, they're definitely playing well as a unit. Alston has really turned into a solid pro, and Scola is a versatile big man who knows how to share the ball and find open shooters. McGrady's healthy and just impossible to guard. Battier harrasses scorers on the defensive end and will knock down threes if left alone. They've got young guys off the bench contributing too. They're no joke.

Stupidest trade of the year -- Suns acquiring a near-corpse Shaq, or Dallas trading for Jason Kidd?

Honestly, if you'd told me at the beginning of the season that:

a) 3/4 of the way through the season, the Warriors would win 63% of their games (on pace for a 52 win season) and be 5 games out of 1st place...

b) ...but would nevertheless be the 8th seed...

c) ...and fighting for that seed with the Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns...

d) ...all after an 0-6 start

I would have called you insane. What a bizarre season.

Yao has been great this year, and losing him is gonna kill that team.

Well, the Rockets beat the Mavericks last night, to push their winning streak to 17 now (5th since Yao went out). If they can beat New Orleans tomorrow night, their streak will tie for 4th best in NBA history. Pretty impressive! I still wonder how the loss of Yao will affect them in the playoffs, versus all the other West team's big men. Will be interesting to see, for sure!

Very impressive strea, but I think they will not go far in the playoffs.

Guy