Sports: NBA 2007-2008

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Monta Ellis is one of the freakiest athletes alive. Look at those hops!

I'm so pumped for the Lakers, Gasol is a huge improvement on Kwame.

and a great one man fast break, one the fastest players in the nba.

I know Brown has fallen out of favor but that is a lot to give up. The west is so brutal though you have to do these kind of deals just to make the playoffs this year as there will be 3 deserving teams that wont get in. Meanwhile in the East there will be 4-5 under 500 teams that get in. Stern should eliminate conferences and have the playoffs be a sweet 16 bracket.

Edited by WorldB3

^^^

Completely agree about eliminating conferences, WorldB3. Only the best teams should get in!

So long as the Lakers finish strong, the first rounders will likely be late. Oh man, I think the Lakers are going to throttle teams with Gasol--especially when Bynum comes back in a month.

It is not the Wests' fault that the Eastern Conference is so weak. It seems quite premature to advocate abolishing the conference system. You would still have the same top teams in the playoffs and advancing to the final rounds so why even mention that. When the East was strong, there would probably be an advocaate for abolishing the conferences because the West is weak...... tit for tat.

It would be better served if someone advocated getting rid of owners who will not improve their teams adequately.

:bwallace2:

but from where I sit my team could win 50 games and miss the playoffs while three teams from the least will get in with 30. I think most fans instead of seeing a 4 vs 5 Dallas vs San Antonio or even worse a Indy vs Chicago in the first round might enjoy a 2 vs 15 of Boston vs Portland a lot more.

Last year the real finals was in the second round when S.A played Phx. Maybe its time to change things up?

Edited by WorldB3

but from where I sit my team could win 50 games and miss the playoffs while three teams from the least will get in with 30.

Please. Which 3 teams in the East will get in with only 30 wins? All 8 playoff teams in the Least will win at least 30. In fact 13 of the 15 Leastern teams are on pace to win at least 30 (only NYK and Miami look not to get near that level). Perhaps one or two will make the playoffs with a sub-.500 record, and that will be frustrating to fans of good but not great west teams. Not too shocking actually. And with rare exception (hello Mavs), the 8th seed in each conference will meet a quick end in the first round, regardless of how many regular season games they won. And the conference winner likely would beat the 8th seed from the other conference as well.

So the West is better again this year. Just like the AL and the AFC were. Such is the nature of league sports.

ESPNews reporting that Shaq is on the trading block, and one possibility is sending him to the Suns for Marion and Banks. If I'm the Heat, I do that deal in a heartbeat.

Seriously. Pat Riley must be licking his chops.

I can't believe Phoenix is actually considering acquiring Shaq. Have they totally given up on Marion??

Marion's contract is up and all accounts have him opting out and becoming a free agent after this season. He was pushing for a trade in the offseason and there were talks of swapping him for Lamar Odom, but the Suns didn't want to trade him within the conference.

It will be interesting to see how Shaq responds to being on a team as good as Phoenix. Honestly, I'm worried about a motivated Shaq.

Gasol with 24 points and 12 rebounds in his Laker debut. Best Laker debut by the numbers since Magic Johnson.

We shall see about a motivated Shaq. It seems like the Suns go from having 5 greyhounds to having 4 greyhounds and a drugged water buffalo. If Shaq can give them 20 minutes of defensive presence he could help them.

The Gasol trade sucks, I hate the Lake show (in a healthy respectful way unlike the Dodgers which is just pure hate).

This all remains to be seen because Shaq has shown that if he is upset in any way, he will quit on the team; not so much his playing but moreso his attitude and demeanor which affects his playing. He is 36 not 23. He still thinks he can call up his "greatness" at a moments notice.

I think management ruined the Heat with absurd trades. They could have had another championship or championship run with Shaq and Wade and the previous personnel that got traded away.

:bwallace2:

Go Pistons

The Shaq to Phoenix deal definitely took some of the excitement out of Gasol coming to LA. Shaq ain't 40, and I'm convinced he will get back in shape and do another of his "resurgences." I'd hate to see the Suns raise a banner, but I think it's very possible now.

The Shaq to Phoenix deal definitely took some of the excitement out of Gasol coming to LA. Shaq ain't 40, and I'm convinced he will get back in shape and do another of his "resurgences." I'd hate to see the Suns raise a banner, but I think it's very possible now.

You may be right, but it's a lot harder to get into shape at age 36 with all that beating his body has taken over the years.

We'll have to wait and see.