Paging All Lakers Fans

Lakers didn't look too bad last night. The Mavs looked terrible, I mean, does anyone on that team hit the boards for a rebound? Just don't see have they will be a top four team come playoff time. Actually, the Lakers might work better without Kobe than with. Seeing Payton push the ball upcort hard was great. Someting the Lakers haven't done in a looooong time. The problem is this: How are Payton and Kobe going to play with only one ball. I don't see it working out with those two at all. Loved when Kobe came out, sat next to Shaq, and Shaq was like: "There's nothing next to me but empty sapce." Shaq didn't even turn his head to acknowledge Kobe's existence. This thing between them isn't over by a longshot. It's going to be an interesting year in La La Land.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the passing looked exceptionally crisp for the first game of the year. I think Kobe will fit well in the system, he will adjust to the new players once he gets in there. Give him all those open looks Devean George got last night, and he'll knock 'em down (not that Devean wasn't knocking them down). When Kobe is slashing without the ball, catching passes from Karl, it's gonna be ugly.

Picture a starting line up of Shaq, Malone, Kobe, Payton, Fox...

I wouldn't trade Kobe for any player or group of players in the NBA, period.

i really like the luke walton pick-up.

he has better overall skills than lebron, today.

lebron one day will be the total package.

nothing flashy, luke just has the b-ball fundamentals down.

mailman lob to da daddy is just not fair.

da daddy got his strut on, with the pass from the glove.

gary should take it to the hoop every time.

magic with the group, holy cowzzzzz.....

ss1

Edited by Soulstation1

Lakers didn't look too bad last night. The Mavs looked terrible, I mean, does anyone on that team hit the boards for a rebound? Just don't see have they will be a top four team come playoff time.

I guess it's crazy to make any major judgments based on one game, but I don't think the Lakers are going to lose any games this year. And you are totally right about the Mavs -- barring any major trades, this team is going to be a major disappointment after the last three years.

Guy

i got my ticket for saturday's game.

this will be the 7/8 time seeing the lake show.

5 with shaq/kobe (third time this year, 2 times in january and this time)

2/3 with magic and crew (center court, 12/13 rows up, one game)

i've only seen them win once.

lebron is lookin pretty good.

the cavs won't win more than 30 games.

any picks for who will win the championship?

ss1

Edited by Soulstation1

i'll give it to bennie wallace, he's got some major guns.

why have the lakers only been on twice on tnt/espn?

the cavs have been on more times.

the champs ain't on cable this week at all.

anyone see the mailman shoot an airball from the free-throw line last night?

i still have a hard time rootin' for him.

ss1

i wonder has kareem and bill walton ever pass more than just a basketball between each other? :eye:

• 2 weeks later...

SS1--all the Laker games have been on TV in LA, but some are on tape delay which I hate.

The Lakers are playing some tough defense, and the ball movement on offense is a thing of beauty.

I too hope Alonzo Mourning can get healthy and live a long life. He's really had some terrible luck. I had no idea he was only 6'9"--I thought he was a legit 7 footer! Makes his career numbers even more impressive. KMart should feel stupid for making all those negative comments about 'Zo.