What are you listening to on Lala, Spotify, last.fm and Deezer?

A Lark Ascending

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any sense Bev of whether the catalog includes OOP or otherwise hard-to-find music? That would certainly be a draw, I'd think.

Mind you, at the moment I think it's only available to us Yurpeans. :unsure:

not for yurpeans like me unfortunately...

had never really tried services like these... now giving www.deezer.com a try, not a big archive but nevertheless many nice things to stream without even having to register (first sonny simmons live at the knitting factory, now some massimo urbani for me...) (ah, now i see to listen to more than a few tracks i need to register costlessly, think i might do that...)

Edited by Niko

on deezer.com

christian escoude - live at duke de lombardes (actually have it on cd but not here..., pretty sure it's oop, nice organ trio record with emmanuel bex)

one thing which is sweet about deezer is that they have all or at least many of those french universal/gitanes cds by escoude, rhoda scott, randy weston, teddy edwards... (plus the jazz in paris series...); loads of georges arvanitas too...

no idea whether everything on their site is there perfectly legally - but they do have a deal with universal so guess these are ok

Edited by Niko

I've been mopping up titles in the Blue Note and Unheard Music Series, and other Atavistic titles I don't have.

Also noting the large scale EMI classics presence. Lots to get through... dipped into the Hartmann symphonies cond. Metzmacher - don't know how much of that I can stand...

Anyone made any purchases yet as a consequence of flirting with it on spotify?

Hey - just a thought - can you access this playlist?

http://open.spotify.com/user/davidayers/pl...FIHRR0IOMlXNcB2

Edited by David Ayers