A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

[quote=J

One thing comes to mind: Assuming B-3er is able to come up with the software for a CHAIR no doubt at some inconvenience and expense, why don't you pay for it, DEEP? I mean, B-3er has a family to support and all. You've got all this spare cash.

Along those same lines, I'm still waiting for DEEP to reveal that with

admitted assets of a mansion, several automobiles ( one at least a classic ),

four grand pianos, a wife, amistress in NYC ( and I assume a pied a terre as well ), and many investimentos ..

why ..with all this, he needed an "angel" to cover the costs of his recent

albummen ??

hmmmm ? :wub::blink::wacko::alien:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid, yes, but a reasonably priced, saucy little stupidity with an innocently impudent bouquet redolent of yesterday's tomorrow, and a finish that begs to be lovingly punished wiht liquid leather in the winter, powdered glass in the summer. Perfect for those after-dinner chuckles or pre-coital jitters.

And, best of all, NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES!

No, DEEP, not trading stamps--clipping coupons. I really get off on using my supermarket discount card on special items and then hammering the appropriate coupon on the check-out counter and screaming, "GIN! YOU pay ME!" to the cashier.

Frankly, I was enervated by yesterday's group identity crisis. I'm amazed that the USUAL GANG OF IDIOTS continued into the evening, but that's a matter of my lack of stamina in a new asylum.

I see why DEEP wants the CHAIR or TREEHOUSE or HE-MAN WOMAN-HATER'S CLUB or whatever.

It's the HOUSE OF MIRRORS effect: Real people, their opinions, experiences, attitudes, IDENTITIES get distorted in a delightfully chaotic way. This is truly outside-the-box thinking, visionary even. DEEP, you're a genius--psychedelia without drugs.

B-3, this is a BIG opportunity for you--and I'm not talkin' CD sales. You could be a cyber-pioneer. With Conn500 on board we might be talking PARALLEL UNIVERSE.

JS: You are the zen master of humor, also a natural for this DEEP concept.

Patty: I think you should be invited along for the ride. You're like me--VIRTUAL's good enough for jazz, in both senses of the word.

Deus: What's your "god" reference? I think DEEP might be hasty in disqualifying you from his HAVEN.

WARPED SPEED! UP, UP AND AWAY!

why ..with all this, he needed an "angel" to cover the costs of his recent

albummen ??

hmmmm ? :wub::blink::wacko::alien:

(MUFF) Missile,

Pardon my impertenence but..I'm starting to agree with B-3.

Where did I ever say I "NEEDED" A "SPONSOR" (better and hipper word for what you're trying to relay).

I guess you could say I'm totally unmotivated in the artistic department. This "SPONSOR" asked me to get back behind the plate (Yogi Berra style) and play some cans. I obliged. Is that so fucking difficult to grasp??

Man, B-3 might be right on target with his evaluation of the various posts emitting ignorance of Brobdingnagian proportions.

If you're so poor why didn't you cop YOU a sponsor??

Or should I rephrase that...IF YOU'RE SO FUCKING *SMART* WHY DIDN'T YOU COP YOU A SPONSOR??....DIG?? (You seem to be so God Damn artistically motivated).

Only reason I ever played cans in the first place was because I didn't have to work very hard at it and it was a good way to get my dick sucked on. As far as aspirations???..shit, man...NON FUCKING EXISTENT!!

DEEP

ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC:

Up until now I've been very impressed with George W. Bush but the following cements the man as my permanent hero:

At Heathrow Airport in England, a 300-foot red carpet was stretched out to Air Force One and President Bush strode to a warm but dignified handshake from Queen Elizabeth II.

They rode in a silver 1934 Bentley to the edge of central London where they boarded an open 17th century coach hitched to six magnificent white horses.

As they rode toward Buckingham Palace, each looking to their side and waving to the thousands of cheering Britons lining the streets, all was going well. This was indeed a glorious display of pageantry and dignity.

Suddenly the scene was shattered when the right rear horse let rip the most horrendous, earth-shattering, eye-smarting blast of flatulence, and the coach immediately filled with noxious fumes.

Uncomfortable, but maintaining control, the two dignitaries did their best to ignore the whole incident, but then the Queen decided, that was a ridiculous manner with which to handle a most embarrassing situation.

She turned to Mr. Bush and explained, "Mr. President, please accept my regrets...I'm sure you understand that there are some things even a Queen cannot control."

George W., ever the Texas gentleman, replied, "Your Majesty, please don't give the matter another thought. You know, if you hadn't said something I would have assumed it was one of the horses."

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC:

Up until now I've been very impressed with George W. Bush but the following cements the man as my permanent hero:

At Heathrow Airport in England, a 300-foot red carpet was stretched out to Air Force One and President Bush strode to a warm but dignified handshake from Queen Elizabeth II.

They rode in a silver 1934 Bentley to the edge of central London where they boarded an open 17th century coach hitched to six magnificent white horses.

As they rode toward Buckingham Palace, each looking to their side and waving to the thousands of cheering Britons lining the streets, all was going well. This was indeed a glorious display of pageantry and dignity.

Suddenly the scene was shattered when the right rear horse let rip the most horrendous, earth-shattering, eye-smarting blast of flatulence, and the coach immediately filled with noxious fumes.

Uncomfortable, but maintaining control, the two dignitaries did their best to ignore the whole incident, but then the Queen decided, that was a ridiculous manner with which to handle a most embarrassing situation.

She turned to Mr. Bush and explained, "Mr. President, please accept my regrets...I'm sure you understand that there are some things even a Queen cannot control."

George W., ever the Texas gentleman, replied, "Your Majesty, please don't give the matter another thought. You know, if you hadn't said something I would have assumed it was one of the horses."[/SIZE]

DEEP

This can't be a true story. No way!

DAN RATHER RELATED THE INCIDENT TO MATT LAUER (sp? How the fuck do you spell that Dild's name?) IN AN INTERVIEW.

DEEP

This is what really happened -

George Bush met The Queen, and he turns round and says: "As I'm the President, I'm thinking of changing how the country is referred to, and I'm thinking that it should be a Kingdom"

The Queen replies "I'm sorry Mr Bush, but to be a Kingdom, you have to have a King in charge - and you're not a King."

George Bush thought a while and then said: "How about a Principality then?",

To which the Queen replied "Again, to be a Principality you have to be a Prince - and you're not a Prince, Mr Bush".

Bush thought long and hard and came up with "How about an Empire then?"

The Queen, getting a little annoyed by now, replies "Sorry again, Mr Bush, but to be an Empire you must have an Emperor in charge - and you are not an Emperor."

Before George Bush could utter another word, The Queen said: "I think you're doing quite nicely as a Country".

uh...Thank you ...uh...Gary..you're excused now, Gary...`...who in the fuck would ever name a kid GARY?? (yeah I know..Mother McFarland, Burton, Peacock, Hobbs, Moore, ....blah blah blah...but really...THINK ABOUT IT!!...DUH!!

(I'm not a smiley kinda guy..they're pretty fuckin' square if you ask me but in this case I gotta go with one.)

OK, GARY??

:wacko:

DEEP

Don't you all see DEEP's genius? Apocrypha becomes legend becomes reality becomes NON-IDENTITY? B-3 prints it all out and sells it in book form, denying he owes any of us any royalties because WE DON'T EXIST.

Deus: You're cute with the graphics, but you dodged my question about why you deserve a spot in the PANTHEON.

(MUFF) Missile,

Pardon my impertenence but..I'm starting to agree with B-3.

Where did I ever say I "NEEDED" A "SPONSOR" (better and hipper word for what you're trying to relay).

.IF YOU'RE SO FUCKING *SMART* WHY DIDN'T YOU COP YOU A SPONSOR??....DIG?? (You seem to be so God Damn artistically motivated).

Only reason I ever played cans in the first place was because I didn't have to work very hard at it and it was a good way to get my dick sucked on. As far as aspirations???..shit, man...NON FUCKING EXISTENT!!

DEEP

I have as yet been fortunate enough to

acquire such a situation ..

any ideas, oh fount of unending wisdom ???

:wacko:

Oh BTW: if you have "no artistic aspirations" what was all that off list BS about your

crappy mastering job ..which I do hope you've solved by now ??

(Heat seeking MUFF) Missile,

You're getting fucking worse (if that's possible) with every post..

My "sponsor" wants to do one a year for the next five years.

I have reluctantly agreed but the price tag for my services is very high. He is to not ONLY supply me with retainer *DIGIT* but is additionally required to see to it that my *NYC DIVERTIMENTO'S* upper East side apartment rent is paid evey month on time. Of course the *DIVERTIMENTO* thinks that I am the one extending this amenity. (I get extra blow jobs during my "visits" as a show of her appreciation. And trust me..until you've been sucked off by a Japanese chickie YOU'VE NEVER BEEN SUCKED OFF) Please don't be offended but...You just don't strike me as being smart enough to pull that shit off.

Re my concern over the mastering: A DEEP CREED --- A MAN'S TIME IS HIS MOST VALUED COMMODITY. If I was required to put in that much time to do the project I'd at least enjoy listening to it....DUH!! (I can't believe I would have to point that out to you but, hey...I've been shocked before).

The Groper,

My "Apocrypha " is the Gospel according to Saint *LUCIFER* and you should take it as THE NEW FUCKING TESTAMENT..."NEW FISH".

Please allow me to make a suggestion: Spend more time lurking until you get the hang of things around here. Once you feel the waters have been tested to your satisfaction post short sentences and questions.

In short: If humilIty is one of your virtues......DON'T FUCKING FORCE YOUR DESTINY !!

DEEP

Allllllrighhht, DEEP--No more Mr. Nice Guy from this quarter, no more ENABLING. THE GLOVES ARE OFF!

...but first I gotta go check on my pot roast....

THE GROPER,

DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE, MAN.

GO CHECK YOUR "POT ROAST".

I'LL CHECK ON MY *POT*..DUH!!

REMEMBER...SHORT SENTENCES AND QUESTIONS. YOU SHOULD DO JUST FINE WITH THAT IN MIND.

DEEP

THE GROPER,

THE BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE LORD.

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING AS A REC:

Paul Harvey's stirring comments concerning Mel Gibson's new movie, "The Passion of the Christ," due to be released on February 25, 2004. Note that Harvey says the movie is "a kind of art that is a rarity in life."

I really did not know what to expect. I was thrilled to have been invited to a private viewing of Mel Gibson's film "The Passion," but I had also read all the cautious articles and spin. I grew up in a Jewish town and owe much of my own faith journey to this influence. I have a life long, deeply held aversion to anything that might even indirectly encourage any form of anti-Semitic thought, language or actions.

I arrived at the private viewing for "The Passion", held in Washington DC and greeted some familiar faces. The environment was typically Washingtonian, with people greeting you with a smile but seeming to look beyond you, having an agenda beyond the words. The film was very briefly introduced, without fanfare, and then the room darkened. From the gripping opening scene in the Garden of Gethsemane, to the very human and tender portrayal of the earthly ministry of Jesus, through the betrayal, the arrest, the scourging, the way of the cross, the encounter with the thieves, the surrender on the Cross, until the final scene in the empty tomb, this was not simply a movie; it was an encounter, unlike anything I have ever experienced.

In addition to being a masterpiece of film-making and an artistic triumph, "The Passion" evoked more deep reflection, sorrow and emotional reaction within me than anything since my wedding, my ordination or the birth of my children. Frankly, I will never be the same. When the film

concluded, this "invitation only" gathering of "movers and shakers" in Washington, DC were shaking indeed, but this time from sobbing. I am not sure there was a dry eye in the place. The crowd that had been glad-handing before the film was now eerily silent. No one could speak because words were woefully inadequate. We had experienced a kind of art that is a rarity in life,

the kind that makes heaven touch earth.

One scene in the film has now been forever etched in my mind. A brutalized, wounded Jesus was soon to fall again under the weight of the cross. His mother had made her way along the Via Della Rosa. As she ran to him, she flashed back to a memory of Jesus as a child, falling in the dirt road outside of their home. Just as she reached to protect him from the fall, she was now reaching to touch his wounded adult face. Jesus looked at her with intensely probing and passionately loving eyes (and at all of us through the screen) and said "Behold I make all things new." These are words taken from the last Book of the New Testament, the Book of Revelations. Suddenly, the purpose of the pain was so clear and the wounds, that earlier in the film had been so difficult to see in His face, His back, indeed all over His body, became intensely beautiful! . They had been borne voluntarily for love.

At the end of the film, after we had all had a chance to recover, a question and answer period ensued. The unanimous praise for the film, from a rather diverse crowd, was as astounding as the compliments were effusive. The questions included the one question that seems to follow this film, even though it has not yet even been released. "Why is this film considered by some to be "anti-Semitic?" Frankly, having now experienced (you do not "view" this film) "the Passion" it is a question that is impossible to answer.

A law professor whom I admire sat in front of me. He raised his hand and responded "After watching this film, I do not understand how anyone can insinuate that it even remotely presents that the Jews killed Jesus. It doesn't." He continued "It made me realize that my sins killed Jesus"

I agree. There is not a scintilla of anti-Semitism to be found anywhere in this powerful film. If there were, I would be among the first to decry it. It faithfully tells the Gospel story in a dramatically beautiful, sensitive and profoundly engaging way.

Those who are alleging otherwise have either not seen the film or have another agenda behind their protestations. This is not a "Christian" film, in the sense that it will appeal only to those who identify themselves as followers of Jesus Christ. It is a deeply human, beautiful story that

will deeply touch all men and women. It is a profound work of art. Yes, its producer is a Catholic Christian and thankfully has remained faithful to the Gospel text; if that is no longer acceptable behavior than we are all in trouble. History demands that we remain faithful to the story and

Christians have a right to tell it. After all, we believe that it is the greatest story ever told and that its message is for all men and women. The greatest right is the right to hear the truth.

We would all be well advised to remember that the Gospel narratives to which "The Passion" is so faithful were written by Jewish men who followed a Jewish Rabbi whose life and teaching have forever changed the history of the world. The problem is not the message but those who have distorted it and used it for hate rather than love. The solution is not to censor the message, but rather to promote the kind of gift of love that is Mel Gibson's filmmaking masterpiece, "The Passion."

It should be seen by as many people as possible. I intend to do everything I can to make sure that is the case. I am passionate about "The Passion." You will be as well. Don't miss it!

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

It occurred to me that you seem to think that every time a woman whispered, "You're the best", or "I've never felt this way before", that they weren't stroking your ego because you seemed to expect it.   Had you ever thought of that??

Response, DEEP?

FOR CHRISSAKES THAT'S A NO BRAINER.

After I get my nut and the right of passage to always get it...WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT THEY SAY...JUST SPREAD..............................

........................*WORD* !!........DIG??

DEEP

:rolleyes::blink: SO, EVERYBODY WINS. COOL.

Thanks for the movie rec. Is that your own review, or a cut and paste??

Edited by patricia