A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

patricia is not the only women here.  Not by a long shot.

Hmmmmm....interesting.

Well with your kind permission would it be acceptable for me to abandon this thread permanently and originate a thread entitled.......

DEEP'S STAG PARTY??.......

and make it off limits to chickies thereby not ever possibly insulting the feminine gender. It would make a lot of the "guys" feel more comfortable and less restricted.

Advise.

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

patricia is not the only women here.  Not by a long shot.

If I might respectfully make a suggestion.

The perhaps slightly civilizing effect that just knowing that there is a chickie who may post is worth noting.

I don't think that I am hobbling those who wish to participate in an interesting exchange, although I suppose that that is a matter of opinion.

I have no intention of exaserpating a problem, should one arise and it is a simple thing, given the number of threads, for me to excuse myself, although I usually don't find that necessary.

I don't think that I have ever been the one who posts in a shocked, Great Aunt Hattie the saintly lady of the Salvation Army manner.

B-3 is the CZAR of the site and has the final word and I think that is as it should be.

In any case......................... :w

Edited by patricia

No, I don't give permission for that. You can make any thread you want, but if someone wants to read it, that's their right and you won't be protected by the fact that it's your "turf". If you want your own place and want only people who you want in there, then go make your own place on your own board. The internet's a big place.

This is a public forum. If you can't say what you want to say publicly to everyone then don't say it at all.

I'm not going to give you your own "room" so you can have carte blanche to do and say whatever you want. That's silly. What if someone wanted their own thread that you couldn't see so they can talk about you all day long without any repercussion?

And then someone else wanted their own thread so they could talk about this and that.... and then someone else wanted their own thread...

That's silly. Everyone here follows the same guidelines and are expected to function as part of an open and civilized society.

That's silly. Everyone here follows the same guidelines and are expected to function as part of an open and civilized society.

Oh shoot, gosh darn it all, what in H E double L am I to do?

I guess I'll just have to clean up my act.

DEEP

That's silly.  Everyone here follows the same guidelines and are expected to function as part of an open and civilized society.

DEEP

Ah, the restrictions of a civilized society. H-E-double hockey-sticks. ;)

So, I guess my asking for my own thread, to discuss with the other chickies, the intricacies of crocheting doilies is out of the question. PHOOEY!!!!

Edited by patricia

That's silly.  Everyone here follows the same guidelines and are expected to function as part of an open and civilized society.

DEEP

Ah, the restrictions of a civilized society. H-E-double hockey-sticks. ;)

I know. It fucking sucks.

:)

B,

At the old Jazz Central Station they had a mosaic that included a little chair. It was sort of an inside thing and not everybody knew about it. When you clicked on "THE CHAIR" you entered an entirely different forum where ANYTHING WAS ACCEPTABLE.

People used to talk about "the largest thing they ever rammed up their butts" and all kinds of outside shit.

What's the chance of ushering a forum like that into the software??

It used to get OUT, not to mention a complete ball. People ranting and raving and it never bothered the "No No Nanette Set" because not everybody knew about it.

It was definitely an "underground scene".

How 'bout it??

DEEP

I remember The Chair.  It's an interesting idea.  Let me think about it.

b,

QUADRUPLE CLASP !!

I knew it..I just knew you weren't as square as everybody said you were.

Now watch Albertson come in and reBUTT the whole concept.

DEEP

Why must we be catagorized as either straight-laced prisses, or far-more-fun vulgarites. Isn't there a middle ground??

As far as I can see, Organnisimo is not restricitive, except in expecting those who post on a thread do so, and leave themselves open to rebuttal.

There is no reason that any poster HAS to read or post on any particular thread and there are plenty of others. A thread that attracts no interest will sink like a stone and disappear. What's the problem with an offended poster just posting on another, more acceptable to them thread??

I think that using the Elks Club, or the YMCA is not a good example of an organization which tolerates EVERYTHING. It would be difficult to find one which does. I don't believe that men, just because they are men are essentially foul-mouthed jerks.

But, what do I know??.............

Edited by patricia

I'm curious as to why I was singled out as the restricting factor in the exchange of comments.

Anyone who knows me knows that although I may not use the same language as some of our saltier posters, I've never objected to them using whatever language they feel will best express their thoughts. We're all adults here, aren't we??

I fail to see the problem that everyone seems to be wrestling with.

I knew it..I just knew you wern't as square as everybody said you were.

No, I'm pretty square.

<_<

b,

Can't prove it by me.

Man, if you institute a counterpart to the old "chair" I will be forced to extend to you the coveted...

DEEP'S "IF YOU HAD ONE TIT I'D MARRY YA" award.

Only three others have ever recieved that honor. You COULD be honoree #4.

GO FOR IT, b...YOU CAN DO IT!!

DEEP

If our esteemed administrator does in fact manage to install a similucrum ( sp?)

of "The Chair" on this site:

I claim dibs on ALL the Gerbil (and other miscellaneous cloacial insetions ) threads ..

...and there will be an , ahem "entrance" charge :excited::excited:

same thing for things found inside Robert Goulet during late night ER visits to the Las Vegas hospital ..

softly ..as I leave you //softly :w

So, I guess my asking for my own thread, to discuss with the other chickies, the intricacies of crocheting doilies is out of the question.  PHOOEY!!!!

Somehow Patty, I think DEEP's X-rated corner will get all the hits. :g;) You guys would end up really crocheting.

Of course it would. My suggestion was meant, as you know, to be facetious.

Some people though, just love to be a vulgarity policeman and I fail to see the sense of that.

If a prospective poster clicks on a thread and they are offended, why don't they just go to another one??? There are dozens which don't offend them.

I just don't think that a "restricted" thread would make much sense.

But, as I say, what do I know????

I grew up in a household where nothing was off-limits to me and if whatever it was didn't interest me I just left it alone. This puritanical layer of present society is quite puzzling to me, even childish, but, again, what do I know??

I'm shocked by the fact that the same people who tolerate violence, even glory in it, seem to be the ones who object to nudity and sex, as if we are not all human beings and are all naked under our clothes. Good grief!! Lighten up. If somebody posts something that is truly grotesque, the other posters will call them on it. Treat us like adults. Don't feel that we are children who need to be protected. There's enough of that in the other areas of our lives.

Edited by patricia

b,

Once you institute "THE CHAIR" counterpart it would be up to you to inform maybe 10 select posters as to the secret "entrance" icon. It would then be left to the select few to pass on the info to trustworthy constituents.

It would sort of be like "THE SECRET ORDER OF FREE MASONS" which is still in existence today...DIG??

I know that I would feel more comfortable with it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. It sure would get me out of the "LINE OF FIRE".

DEEP

b,

Once you institute "THE CHAIR" counterpart it would be up to you to inform maybe 10 select posters as to the secret "entrance" icon. It would then be left to the select few to pass on the info to trustworthy constituents.

It would sort of be like "THE SECRET ORDER OF FREE MASONS" which is still in existence today...DIG??

I know that I would feel more comfortable with it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. It sure would get me out of the "LINE OF FIRE".

DEEP

Problem with that, DEEP, is that you would end up ruling out new blood like, say, GROPE.

If a secret thread already existed, how would new posters like GROPE learn about it?

b,

DEEP

Problem with that, DEEP, is that you would end up ruling out new blood like, say, GROPE.

If a secret thread already existed, how would new posters like GROPE learn about it?

Conn (a linguist),

Is there a football game on and you're speed reading??

Extracted from my post:It would then be left to the select few to pass on the info to trustworthy constituents.

In short: Posters would have to prove themselves worthy of admission.

WOW !!

Patty,

I think you're missing a few participles in that run-on sentence re Gerbil Insertion. That horseshit came from one boring asshole poster at the WOD's named Thelil..one of the most unfunny cats ever to frequent a website.

DEEP

b,

DEEP

Conn (a linguist),

Extracted from my post:It would then be left to the select few to pass on the info to trustworthy constituents.

WOW !!

Patty,

I think you're missing a few participles in that run-on sentence re Gerbil Insertion. That horseshit came from one boring asshole poster at the WOD's named Thelil..one of the most unfunny cats ever to frequent a website.

DEEP

Maybe a bad example.

My intent was to ask whether this proposed thread would be like a "Hustler" of the site. There are already plenty of sites which cater to those who want to discuss

every kind of "hot" subjects and those whose interest is piqued by them already know about them and frequent them.

If you want to have a special room to discuss subjects I have no interest in, I won't post, nor, I assume will anyone else who has nothing to contribute. What is this need that some seem to have to have somewhere that they can talk about things that they obviously consider so vile that it's assumed that everyone will be shocked and disgusted by them??

Has this suddenly turned into a prospective haven for what some consider a world of depravity, to which only the chosen few would have access to exchange ideas???? This presupposes that you and a dozen or so others, who already post on the site already would let loose with language and ideas which are too terrible for any but them to deal with.

My original comment stands and that is that if a subject doesn't interest a member, they don't have to post on the thread. How difficult is that???

The RESTRICTED TREEHOUSE concept, in itself, is offensive to me, but I am not the one who determines how the site is run.

For the record, I have never objected to any subject matter discussed on any board to anyone but the poster. This business of whining to the board administrators strikes me as cowardly and unnecessary. You disagree, you rebut, directly to the person whose views oppose your own. Just like in real life.

Edited by patricia

Conn (a linguist),

:lol::g

No football game, but I was doing something else online simultaneously.

You know what, DEEP? you're a dirty fuck, but you aint dumb. :D

I'll leave all the planning in your capable hands, okay?

Edited by connoisseur series500

b,

DEEP

Conn (a linguist),

WOW !!

Patty,

DEEP

Maybe a bad example.

My intent was to ask whether this proposed thread would be like a "Hustler" of the site.

If you want to have a special room to discuss subjects I have no interest in, I won't post, nor, I assume will anyone else who has nothing to contribute. What is this need that some seem to have to have somewhere that they can talk about things that they obviously consider so vile that it's assumed that everyone will be shocked and disgusted by them??

Has this suddenly turned into a prospective haven for what some consider a world of depravity, to which only the chosen few would have access to exchange ideas???? This presupposes that you and a dozen or so others, who already post on the site already would let loose with language and ideas which are too terrible for any but them to deal with.

My original comment stands and that is that if a subject doesn't interest a member, they don't have to post on the thread. How difficult is that???

DEEP is shutting the door on Patty, and she's got her foot in it and fighting tooth and nail to keep it open... :g:g

Really, Patty, just ask DEEP and say, "Pretty please....." and perhaps he'll let you in. :lol:

Edited by connoisseur series500

You know what, DEEP? you're a dirty fuck, but you aint dumb. :D

I'll leave all the planning in your capable hands, okay?

If the dream and hope of a "chair" counterpart does come to fruition here at Organissimo the following is a very important aspect:

At Jazz Central Sewer there was no registration in place so anyone could impersonate or be anyone they chose to be.

If we get a secret room the situation should be the same. You are anonymous. Remeber Scrotum Boy?? That fucker was hysterical. Nobody knew who he really was. I think it was Thelil but we never knew. The same situation should be in place here.

DEEP