Searching effectively for topics

romualdo

Any advice on searching for previous topics

eg

recently I wanted to post something on Hat Hut/Art rereleases - I knew there has been a previous/ongoing thread for this label

Searched Hat Art, Hat Hut, Hatology but nothing came up so I started a new thread

now today I see the thread I was trying to find "All Things Hat"!!! - I should have just searched for "Hat"

Any advice on searching for previous topics

eg

recently I wanted to post something on Hat Hut/Art rereleases - I knew there has been a previous/ongoing thread for this label

Searched Hat Art, Hat Hut, Hatology but nothing came up so I started a new thread

now today I see the thread I was trying to find "All Things Hat"!!! - I should have just searched for "Hat"

I don't think you can search for just a three-letter word; it won't return any results. I think the search term needs to be at least four letters long.

Many posters have mentioned that the best way to search Organissimo is to use Google.

Google seems to work well -- just search as usual, but add "site:organissimo.org" to the end of the search (without the quotes). For example:

hat site:organissimo.org

"All Things Hat" shows up as the seventh hit, but most of the ones above that are related to Hat recordings.

• 5 months later...

This suggestion works well, thanks.

A shame that so many interesting threads simply cannot be found by browsing the forum section under which they are supposedly located. These topics do not appear to be locked. I assume that when new posts are made they'll show up again when browsing. You really already have to know what it is you're looking for around here.