B, you can close this thread as well(Like I have

BERIGAN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MS. PATRICIA:  I'm hoping you've recognized my restraint lately, AKA "BACKING OFF."

Request permission to approach The Throne, O Learned One.

Recognized and appreciated.

Throne? What throne??

Learned? Sometimes. Sometimes not so much. :rolleyes::blink:

Edited by patricia

Some Aunt Bea Nostalgia quoted from Everett Greenbaum, a writer on the Andy Griffith Show:

"Now Aunt Bea was different. I just hated her guts. She made it a point, every time we were together socially, of saying 'There's only one thing wrong with the show. The writing is terrible.'

She was nuts and people got fed up with her. Some fans in a Southern town invited her to come and visit. She got along fine for a while. They even helped her buy a house. At the end of six months, no one would talk to her."

Kisseloff, Jeff. The Box, An Oral History of Television, 1920-1961:Viking 1995

Some Aunt Bea Nostalgia quoted from Everett Greenbaum, a writer on the Andy Griffith Show:

"Now Aunt Bea was different. I just hated her guts. She made it a point, every time we were together socially, of saying 'There's only one thing wrong with the show. The writing is terrible.'

She was nuts and people got fed up with her. Some fans in a Southern town invited her to come and visit. She got along fine for a while. They even helped her buy a house. At the end of six months, no one would talk to her."

Kisseloff, Jeff. The Box, An Oral History of Television, 1920-1961:Viking 1995

I didn't HATE Aunt Bea, but I thought she was a santimonious stereotype, but that could be said of just about the whole cast. In fact the entire show was a spoof about small-town life. Anyone who ever lived in a small town knows that. The one thing that is true about small towns is that everyone knows everyone. That's why people moved from them to cities, among other reasons.

DEEP's now more active at the Blue Note Board, Euro edition.

Informally known as "The Last Chance Saloon" ;)

The new BNE board is, to be sure, slow to take off. There seems to be wild deletions and re-workings of the postings by the moderator and I suppose, to be fair, that it has yet to take shape.

I'm not sure what the eventual goal as a board is, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what developes.

In the meantime, here at Organissimo, we have a vibrant, varied gang o' posters, wrangled by people who seem willing to accept many different views on music and on other subjects, with minimal, judicious baby-sitting, so here we are. :wub:

Edited by patricia