I bought a rock CD!

scottb

I just got my copy of GET BORN by JET from BMG.

This group is the real deal. They do the STONES better than the STONES are currently doing the STONES. I hear some WHO and KINKS and BEATLES as well.

Good stuff!

Add them to the list of BLACK CROWES, LENNY KRAVITZ...(pretty short list) of artists making real rock these days.

I have the 4-tracks EP they put out and kinda like it ... But I have passed on buying the album based on lukewarm reviews from my buddies ... I liked the catchy single the minute I heard it on the radio, but the vocal lacks something ... I cannot quite put a finger on what it is but it's something Iggy definitely shows he has on "Lust for Life."

It's not that I'm opposed to buying rock, its just there hasn't been much rock I care to buy in recent years. My last few rock purchases are things like FORTY LICKS, BLACK CROWES GREATEST HITS, BLACK SABBATH, Jimmy Page and Robert Plants latest effort.

About the last new rock band I liked was Pearl Jam. Couldn't care less about Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Stained or any of these other wuss bands. Creed sounded like Pearl Jam so why bother.

Come to think of it I did like that song by that "super group" with the drummer from Nirvana (not Foo Fighters) the one with the deer driving around with the band on the hood. Can't think of the name.

Come to think of it I did like that song by that "super group" with the drummer from Nirvana (not Foo Fighters) the one with the deer driving around with the band on the hood. Can't think of the name.

That would be Queens Of The Stone Age with their album Songs For The Deaf. I heard they just broke up.

That was a cool, twisted video. ^_^

I closely follow King Crimson with all their collector's club releases

Those King Crimson Collector's Club releases with Mel Collins have been making a dent in my savings.

yeah, me too. I'm glad they are releasing those, to show how good that version of the band really was. Closest to jazz for Crimson too

yeah, me too. I'm glad they are releasing those, to show how good that version of the band really was. Closest to jazz for Crimson too

The current version of the 21st Century Schizoid Band is made up of Mel Collins, Ian MacDonald, Ian Wallace, Peter Giles and the guitarist from Level 42. About as close to the Islands line-up as you can get. I hope they're playing some improv stuff in the vein of Earthbound or Peoria when they come to Atlanta next month.