Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, paul secor said:

If you don't listen for a while, old and familiar can become new and unfamiliar. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, maybe. Sometimes. Depends on how familiar you had gotten with it before you stopped listening the last time. Results vary widely to put it mildly. Some of it, I just have to stop, I'm like yeahyeahyeahyeah, STOP, next. But sometimes, it's familiar and still big fun, like the next one in/on the silver boxed garden of digital delights:

R-1491848-1475838932-6255.jpeg.jpg

Those Barretto Fania albums from the 70s are  almost always strong!

4 hours ago, Justin V said:

0000123503.jpg

Frank Kimbrough - Lullabluebye: I searched my Google Play library for trio albums and this one caught my eye.  It'd been a couple years since I played it.  I may have to spin Kimbrough's first album, Lonely Woman, soon.

I am losing it.  As it turns out, Google Play was showing Lullabluebye as the artist image but I was playing Lonely Woman.  Here I thought that it'd been so long since I'd listened to Lullabluebye that it sounded totally different and somewhat unfamiliar; Lonely Woman joined my collection only a year or two ago, while I've had Lullabluebye since maybe 2005 or 2006.  Now I am listening to Lullabluebye.  :D