• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Soulstation1 said:

From that article:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<--------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hue Jackson said he will need to know that Gordon is not trying to talk his way into being released with this interview.

"I don't think he is trying to do that," he said. "I do need to feel comfortable that he's not. If he's coming back to play football, I think he knows he needs to play football here."
<<<<<<<<<<<<<--------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmmmm... the guy specifically mentioned that "Cleveland was rough, man", going into gory detail, so you're going to make him come back to play there? That, uh, makes sense, I guess. I wonder if Cleveland might take it easy on him? My guess is - Nope!

14 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

The Chiefs are simply bad. They are not a playoff team. It’s time to finally cut bait with Smith and Reid after this season. They hit their ceiling years ago. 

It's always amazing to me how quickly the dialog changes in the NFL. After the Chiefs beat the Patriots at the Foxboro season opener, the general consensus was that Smith & Reid were bound for the Super Bowl.

I don't necessarily believe that this losing streak is all on Smith. Eric Berry got hurt during that season-opening win and many (most?) felt that this was a huge blow to that defense. That might be the biggest problem the Chiefs have right now. I watched some of the Giants/Cheifs game and that Chiefs defense looked nothing like what the Patriots faced in week one.

It's not just Berry (who is indeed a monstrous loss). But Tamba Hali and Dee Ford have barely played at all this season, which kills our pass rush. Even Justin Houston still doesn't seem right. Marcus Peters is also a wildly overrated corner. And they are sorely deficient in the middle after losing Dontarie Poe this past off season. 

Mad for the offense, Reid is no longer being aggressive downfield, mostly because Kareem Hunt and the running game have disappeared. Now, some of that can be attributed to the O-line having not played together much of the season, but there is a monster regression there regardless. 

And my personal narrative hasn't really changed. I've said for the past couple of years that I don't think Reid and Smith can take this team to the next level. I like watching them because they're a really fun regular season team, but pretty much all Chiefs fans know that the early January exit is inevitable. 

And nobody I know that actually keeps up with the Chiefs thought they were Super Bowl bound. That was just a media reaction.