No value?

Hardbopjazz

19 hours ago, mjzee said:

I have a friend with whom I exchange mix "tape" CDs once a month.  I guess it's an extension of when we were both on our college free-form radio station.  We do listen to each other's CDs; he's very into reggae and world music, while mine veer more towards jazz, classical, and rock, though categories never interested either of us.  I feel fortunate, because I find the process of making the discs an outlet for my creativity.  

The process, at least for me, is different than in the old days.  I have all my music digitized.  I create a folder for this month's disc in iTunes, and assemble it there, listening and reworking the order of the tracks there, with an ear for the segs and the flow.  I also keep an eye on the total time.  This is very different than in the old days, where if something wasn't working, you'd either have to accept it or start over.  Then, I open all the tracks in Amadeus Pro, using "join files."  There, I adjust the volume levels and edit down the silences between tracks.  I can even fade one song into the next, similar to what we used to do using the pots on the radio board.  When I'm satisfied, I burn the disc from Amadeus Pro.

As for the iPod in the car, I plug it into the USB port, and choose aux on my 2015 Subaru's stereo.  It works well, and it works similarly well on my wife's 2012 Acura, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work in your Honda.  This iPod is old, my guess is 10 years old.

Honda’s customer service told me that for the 2016 Accord, the designers had deliberately decided to discontinue the use of older iPods. 

19 hours ago, mjzee said:

I have a friend with whom I exchange mix "tape" CDs once a month.  I guess it's an extension of when we were both on our college free-form radio station.  We do listen to each other's CDs; he's very into reggae and world music, while mine veer more towards jazz, classical, and rock, though categories never interested either of us.  I feel fortunate, because I find the process of making the discs an outlet for my creativity.  

The process, at least for me, is different than in the old days.  I have all my music digitized.  I create a folder for this month's disc in iTunes, and assemble it there, listening and reworking the order of the tracks there, with an ear for the segs and the flow.  I also keep an eye on the total time.  This is very different than in the old days, where if something wasn't working, you'd either have to accept it or start over.  Then, I open all the tracks in Amadeus Pro, using "join files."  There, I adjust the volume levels and edit down the silences between tracks.  I can even fade one song into the next, similar to what we used to do using the pots on the radio board.  When I'm satisfied, I burn the disc from Amadeus Pro.

As for the iPod in the car, I plug it into the USB port, and choose aux on my 2015 Subaru's stereo.  It works well, and it works similarly well on my wife's 2012 Acura, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work in your Honda.  This iPod is old, my guess is 10 years old.

I am sending you a PM. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic