lou donaldson interview

How do you download that? It's half an hour long. I hit the download button, but it just fired up Windows Media Player and played it.

MG

Right click the download button

Select "Save Link As..."

Call it what you want to, but make it a .mp3 file.

That'll do it right there.

Great interview, btw. I love hearing musicians talking about stuff besides music, and it sounds like Lou really knows his sports. And Tony Paige don't seem to be no dummy either.

Great interview!

Mostly sports, yeah. Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson. many more, all of whom Lou knoew personally.

Lou used to be a baseball player in his youth, he talked about that a little bit.

He was actually in The Polo Grounds in 1951 for The Shot Heard 'Round The World.

Lots of reminiscing about athletes and teams from the 50s. As a sports fan who started in the 60s but quickly leaned about the past, this was a treat, because Lou hung in Harlem in the 50s, same as the Black athletes of the time, and there was a lot of social interaction, which he also talks about.

And he talks about music just a little bit too, but nothing he's not said before, not generally. Seems like he's making good money from being sampled so much!

If you got dial-up, find a buddy who doesn't and download it as a .mp3. It's only 31 minutes long, so then you can burn it as a regular CD and listen to it anywhere. It really is a gas!

How do you download that? It's half an hour long. I hit the download button, but it just fired up Windows Media Player and played it.

MG

Select "Save Link As..."

Great interview, btw. I love hearing musicians talking about stuff besides music, and it sounds like Lou really knows his sports. And Tony Paige don't seem to be no dummy either.

Great interview!

also caddied for ben hogan.

MG

Select "Save Link As..."

Great interview!

Thanks Jim; coming down the turnpike now.

MG

Mostly sports, yeah. Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson. many more, all of whom Lou knoew personally.

Lou used to be a baseball player in his youth, he talked about that a little bit.

He was actually in The Polo Grounds in 1951 for The Shot Heard 'Round The World.

Lots of reminiscing about athletes and teams from the 50s. As a sports fan who started in the 60s but quickly leaned about the past, this was a treat, because Lou hung in Harlem in the 50s, same as the Black athletes of the time, and there was a lot of social interaction, which he also talks about.

And he talks about music just a little bit too, but nothing he's not said before, not generally. Seems like he's making good money from being sampled so much!

If you got dial-up, find a buddy who doesn't and download it as a .mp3. It's only 31 minutes long, so then you can burn it as a regular CD and listen to it anywhere. It really is a gas!

splendid summation.

tony paige is a boxing writer and covers many live events for tv and used to be president of boxing writers of usa.

hell of a nice decent man, a real gentleman.

he hosts the overnight show on wfan and mixes in a bit of jazz.

tony paige is a boxing writer and covers many live events for tv and used to be president of boxing writers of usa.

I'm getting the feeling that WFAN is a station for sports; is that right?

MG

I'm getting the feeling that WFAN is a station for sports; is that right?

MG

24 hour sports, was also the home station for the infamous don imus.

some of us have more than one addiction. :(

• 5 months later...