Jamey Aebersold Summer Jazz Workshop

Upright Bill

Uncle Skid and I are making our second Annual pilgrimage to Louisville to the Jamey Aebersold Summer Jazz Workshop at the University of Louisville from July 4 to July 9.

Is anyone else going?

Any one in the Louisville area care to “hook-up?”

BTW, we've been to Rich O's. :blink::wacko:

ghost -- if I remember correctly, all of the concerts in the evening (at the university) are free. Bill, please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

This year (during the week we are there, July 4-9), David Liebman is playing.

I believe there are concerts every night (sunday-thursday) during both weeks. The wednesday night concert is sponsored by the Louisville Jazz Society at Mattson's restaurant (nice atmosphere, but truly awful food), and they charge a nominal fee for non-workshop students.

Let us know if you can make it to any of these!

ghost -- if I remember correctly, all of the concerts in the evening (at the university) are free. Bill, please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

This year (during the week we are there, July 4-9), David Liebman is playing.

I believe there are concerts every night (sunday-thursday) during both weeks. The wednesday night concert is sponsored by the Louisville Jazz Society at Mattson's restaurant (nice atmosphere, but truly awful food), and they charge a nominal fee for non-workshop students.

Let us know if you can make it to any of these!

All of the evening concerts are free, except Wednesday. Wednesday is sponsored by the Louisville Jazz Society and, therefore, the only concert where you can have a drink.

All of the lunch and dinner concerts are only the cost of a meal at Masterson's (the price is low but the cost to your taste buds is high).

A couple of folks from the Double Bass list will be attending concerts with us as well.

• 5 years later...