Web Site Help Needed!

sheldonm

I am working on a web site to showcase my photography of jazz musicians. I have yet to choose a domain name (www.********.com) and am looking for recomendations from all. It appears there are many creative people on this board (and many that think they are ;) ). I would welcome any input that you may have. Is is better to have my name in it (does it make it easier to locate if you don't know the exact name of the site)?

My better half suggest "The Mark of Jazz" as my name is Mark. I told her I wouldn't be able to put up with the shit from my friends and co-workers if I did that! So put on your thinking caps and give me your thoughts. I may even award the winner with a nice matted photograph suitable for hanging :excited: .

Regards to all,

Mark

Edited by sheldonm

mark,

you will need to include some search terms in the html source and those can include a whole lot of things. Then you will want to make sure there are sites that link to yours. Put a link in a footer message on this site for instance. Most search engines look for links from-to to find and order their listings.

the URL is really not that important to be found on the web. to be remembered, now that's a different story. I am sure some people here, who - unlike me - actually have an own website or have designed some, will be able to help you out with the details.