RVG Inner Urge drop-out

Cali

I have the CD with this fault and it is the 1989 McMaster (CDP 7 84189 2, non RVG) copy. I'm no audiophile and certainly no expert on sound engineering but I would say it's the same sort of fault as in the Dolphy 5 Spot disc where the sound 'drops out'.

Can the RVGs clear up this sort of distortion or fault?

4:37. It's more like a skip. Is this the result of some kind of copy protection scheme? I'm playing it on my computer.

This is the RVG edition, 7243 5 92422 2 4, picked it up from the PO this morning.

Edited by 7/4

I have the old McMaster.

I extracted it to the hard drive and opened it up with Cool Edit 2000.

No sign of anything funny at or around 4:35 or 4:37. My ears didn't hear any drop out either.

But that's the old one!

Hmmm...So if I get the RVG and there is a drop out, I'm part way there to providing a patch.

Edited by Quincy

I hear it too on my US RVG. It's a very brief drop out. I didn't notice it before reading this post.

BTW, the US RVG is not copyprotected. It only has the new FBI warning thast some labels have adopted. I tried it my PC's DVD drive which usually doesn't allow copying protected CDs and it worked without a problem.

I played the same track from the Joe Henderson "Blue Note Years" 4CD box (from 1993).

The drop out is there too, but it is less audible because the cymbals are not as trebly as on the RVG and the drop out is mainly noticable on high frequencies.