BORDERS BUY 3 CDs AND GET THE 4TH FREE

blue-note-ojc

My wife and I stopped at Borders tonight and I noticed their ad for a deal whereby you buy 4 CDs and get one free. Anymore there is little at Borders that I want that I do not have. However, I saw a couple.

Then my wife walked by and I asked her if she wanted anything and told her about the promo. I really didn't think too far ahead on this one as she only wanted one, so I had to get three. She picked out some new age thing at $15.00 or $16.00. Of course you get the cheapest one as the free one. She offered to pay for hers so I would get the real benefit of one for free. But I didn't have the heart to do that.

So I bought and paid for hers, plus The Poll Winners by Barney Kessel ($12.99) and Things Are Getting Better by Cannonball Adderley ($12.99). The free one was Tender Moments by McCoy Tyner (price $11.99).

SO the end result was that I got the three I wanted, but paid $3.00 or $4.00 more than if there had been no sale!!!!! :wacko:

But my wife got one for free. :wub:

Tom

I think I made out pretty good on this deal. I had a 15% coupon that I was going to use to get Coltrane's Sun Ship, but once I got in there I noticed the 3/1 free deal, so I added Ascension, the Olatunji Concert and the Coltrane Quartet Plays, and I convinced the cashier to apply the 15% to the total (he wasn't supposed to, but he called the manager over), so I think it averaged out to about $12.50 or so per disc! not bad for those Impulse! discs, which are usually around $17.99 or $18.99

My wife and I stopped at Borders tonight and I noticed their ad for a deal whereby you buy 4 CDs and get one free. Anymore there is little at Borders that I want that I do not have. However, I saw a couple.

Then my wife walked by and I asked her if she wanted anything and told her about the promo. I really didn't think too far ahead on this one as she only wanted one, so I had to get three. She picked out some new age thing at $15.00 or $16.00. Of course you get the cheapest one as the free one. She offered to pay for hers so I would get the real benefit of one for free. But I didn't have the heart to do that.

So I bought and paid for hers, plus The Poll Winners by Barney Kessel ($12.99) and Things Are Getting Better by Cannonball Adderley ($12.99). The free one was Tender Moments by McCoy Tyner (price $11.99).

SO the end result was that I got the three I wanted, but paid $3.00 or $4.00 more than if there had been no sale!!!!! :wacko:

But my wife got one for free. :wub:

Tom

Remind her of this the next time you want to buy a Mosaic... :rolleyes:

Well, PHILLYQ, I am pretty lucky in that regard. I never have any problem from my wife on spending more than I should on my hobbies. I may say I really shouldn't get this or that, and she will encourage me to do it.

I have some friends who have to sneak their stuff in the house. One used to pay his daughter to get to the mail box before the "War Department" (his wife) to get the invoices for his Custer books from the book dealers. The daughter was to drop the books themselves through an open basement window into a cushioned box!

Tom

I have some friends who have to sneak their stuff in the house. One used to pay his daughter to get to the mail box before the "War Department" (his wife) to get the invoices for his Custer books from the book dealers. The daughter was to drop the books themselves through an open basement window into a cushioned box!!

:lol::lol::lol:

tom,

sorry to hear about your "bad luck" on this one.

i never mention cd's to my wife in a store that has traditionally high prices.

if there is a cd that she wants, it is usually something so common, i can find it use without too much effort.

i made out at borders.

i went in to buy 4 recent rvg's, but they had all of the recent ellington columbia titles on sale for $9.99.

3 of those plus tax came t0 $32.07.