Gigi Gryce radio show w/Michael Fitzgerald

ghost of miles

I'll be doing a radio show on Gigi Gryce and the new bio, Rat Race Blues, co-authored by our resident jazz scholar Michael Fitzgerald, on Monday, March 24 and Tuesday, March 25 from 3:30-5 p.m. Eastern time. Michael will be lending his expertise as a guest via long-distance telephone. There is a possibility that the show will be expanded into a two-part program continuing on the next day; I should have this finalized by the end of this week. You can find the link on Michael's web-page at Gryce or here: WFIU. I'll up this thread a day or so before broadcast, but wanted to let folks know in advance about the show.

Edited by ghost of miles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess this is the Gigi Gryce thread.

Following up on an earlier post - the Association of Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC) named "Rat Race Blues: The Musical Life of Gigi Gryce" as winner for Best Discography (Recorded Jazz Music) at their 2003 awards ceremony on May 31 in Philadelphia.

Noal and I are very proud.

Mike

Edited by Michael Fitzgerald

Congratulations, Mike!

With my other station's permission (still pending), I'm hoping to re-broadcast my Gryce show, including a great deal of music and many comments from Mike, on WFHB-Bloomington Wednesday, July 30 from 6-9 p.m. (The show originally ran as a two-parter on our local NPR affiliate, but war coverage blocked out the stream.) I'll keep folks posted...

• 1 month later...

The two-part Gryce program with Mike that I did for WFIU-Bloomington last March didn't go out over the web because we were streaming news about the invasion of Iraq. My station manager has graciously allowed me to re-broadcast it on the other station where I have a show as a one-part, three-hour broadcast, on Wednesday, July 30 from 6-9 p.m. EST. WFHB has a semi-official streaming link, and I'll post it a day or two before the broadcast.