Anybody got drums for sale?

Johnny E

Hey all,

I recently bought a 18" natural satin oil DW bass drum. It's a perfect match for the old 50's solid maple Slingerland Radio King snare I have which has a natural finish as well. All I need now are a couple toms to complete my dream set. Here's what I'm looking for:

one 10" or 12" rack tom either Gretsch, Slingerland, Leedy or DW

one 14" or 16" floor tom either Gretsch, Slingerland, Leedy or DW

It would be perfect if they we a natural finish, but that's not necessary. Any help would be much appreciated.

-john

• 3 weeks later...

John, serious question here...

you like DW's for playing jazz? I can't get a good tone out of 'em to save my life. What is it that you like about DW in particular? I'm a yamaha man myself, although, I gotta say, I would kill for a set of acryllic fibes in jazz sizes. I played a set like that once, and loved the tones I got out of them. Unfortunately, the fibes guys got smart and just about doubled their prices a couple of years ago. Oh well...

John, serious question here...

you like DW's for playing jazz? I can't get a good tone out of 'em to save my life. What is it that you like about DW in particular? I'm a yamaha man myself, although, I gotta say, I would kill for a set of acryllic fibes in jazz sizes. I played a set like that once, and loved the tones I got out of them. Unfortunately, the fibes guys got smart and just about doubled their prices a couple of years ago. Oh well...

Yes, I’ve found that DW’s sound great for jazz. They tune up and hold their tone extremely well (DW lugs are the best!). They are all maple, are pitch matched from drum to drum and handmade so you get no imperfections or anomalies. I find the DW’s have the brightest and longest sustain as well.

Just slap some Ambassador coated heads on those jammy's and you're in drum heaven. Maybe the DW's you've played in the past had rock style heads (Evans, Powerstroke, or Black Dot) on em’. You gots to get the Remo Ambassadors or Fiberskyn 3’s.

I don't know, I love em', but that’s just my opinion. You got to find what works for your style of playing.