Rodney Dangerfield R.I.P.

I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.

Rodney Dangerfield

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

Rodney Dangerfield

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.

Rodney Dangerfield

I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out.

Rodney Dangerfield

- More quotations on: [sports]

Life is just a bowl of pits.

Rodney Dangerfield

- More quotations on: [Life]

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

Rodney Dangerfield

My wife is always trying to get rid of me. The other day she told me to put the garbage out. I said to her I already did. She told me to go and keep an eye on it.

Rodney Dangerfield

My wife's jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was.

Rodney Dangerfield

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.

Rodney Dangerfield

Edited by BERIGAN

More:

"I went to a hooker, and she told me, 'Not on the first date.'"

"My wife does a lot of charity work. She handles all the policemen's balls."

"I went to a nude beach, and they told me it wasn't polite to point."

"I come from a stupid family. During the Civil War my great uncle fought for the West!"

"My mother had morning sickness after I was born."

"When I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up."

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

"I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for mooning."

"I met the surgeon general. He offered me a cigarette!"

"I was making love to this girl and she started crying. I said, 'Are you going to hate yourself in the morning?' She said, 'No. I hate myself now.'"

"I went to see my doctor — you know him, Dr. Vinny Boom Batz. I told him, 'Doctor, every morning when I get up and look in the mirror, I feel like throwing up. What's wrong with me?' He said, 'I don't know, but your eyesight is perfect.'"

"My psychiatrist told me I'm going crazy. I told him, 'If you don't mind I'd like a second opinion.' He said, 'All right, you're ugly too.'"

"During sex my wife always wants to talk to me. Just the other night she called me from a hotel."

"I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it."

"I found there was only one way to look thin -- hang out with fat people."

"I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest."

"I have good looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me."

"I'm at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table."

"My mother never breast-fed me. She told me she liked me as a friend."

One of the very funniest of the niche comedians. He used to crack me up on The Tonight Show when Johnny Carson ruled the roost. Practically everything he'd say to Carson was peeled directly from one of his standup routines, but it was still funny. His "flinchy" physicality, the constant shoulder shrugging and the straightening of his tie, added texture to his humor. I think Johnny really liked him. I did too.

We went to beach one time when I was a kid and I got lost. I went up to a cop and asked him if he could help me find my parents. He said, "Geez, kid, I don't know. There are an awful lot of places they could hide."

RIP - RD.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

A truly funny guy, up to the end. Even mourning his death it's impossible not to laugh at his legacy...

Upon entering the hospital a few weeks back for his surgery, he said something to the effect of: "If all goes well I'll be out in a few weeks; if not, I'll be out in a few hours." :lol:

R.I.P.