Passer - By Hurt by Stool Tossed From School

My question is...what kind of stool?!!??!?

A Stool Sample? ;)

Passer - By Hurt by Stool Tossed From School

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 4:17 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- A pedestrian was knocked out when she was hit on the head by a stool that sailed out of a high school's sixth-floor window while students horsed around between classes.

Two freshmen from Washington Irving High School in lower Manhattan were being questioned, school officials said.

Rosaura Beristani, 29, was hospitalized in serious but stable condition.

``It was a big thud. Next thing, she wasn't walking,'' said real estate broker Robert Morrison, who was across the street.

Police said a group of students were ``horsing around'' in an empty classroom before the stool was tossed out.

The last teacher to use the classroom faces disciplinary action because she left the door unlocked, said Department of Education spokeswoman Margie Feinberg.

Schools Chancellor Joe Klein declared the incident ``unacceptable'' in a statement.

Students and workers in the neighborhood said objects are often tossed from the school's windows.

``When I walk by here, I always walk on the other side of the street,'' said Gloria Foti, an administrative assistant at a nearby school.

I hope the woman will be okay, but I can't help myself from laughing when I see a quote like this.

``It was a big thud. Next thing, she wasn't walking,'' said real estate broker Robert Morrison, who was across the street.

:g:g:g

I'm not sure I have ever crafted a stool that would knock someone out. At least not based on weight. ;)

catesta: I'm not sure I have ever crafted a stool that would knock someone out. At least not based on weight.

You could toss a Mosaic box set out a sixth story window and probably kill someone if it hit them right. It's not a factor of the weight of the object so much as the height it's dropped from, and the impact thereof.

Anyone that wants to test this can send me their Mosaic box sets. As a reminder this is a destructive test, so the product will not be returned to you ;)

I hope the woman will be okay, but I can't help myself from laughing when I see a quote like this.

:g:g:g

Actually, Catesta, the funniest line was this one:

"Students and workers in the neighborhood said objects are often tossed from the school's windows." :lol: