A Mosaic LP set flying under the radar...

wolff

I picked up a Larry Young Mosaic box on CD back in late 2001 on eBay, for about $120, which included postage too (and this was back when they were regularly going for $200-$250, or more). It didn't include the outer box, or the booklet -- but the discs and inserts were legit.

The seller didn't use the words "Mosaic" or "Blue Note" anywhere in the listing. All he said to describe it was "complete recordings of Larry Young".

Pretty decent price. I later picked up a slightly water-damaged Larry Young booklet for the set from Undergroundagent, when he somehow got his hands on a Larry Young booklet in better condition than the one he had (the water-damaged one). I think I paid Underground about $15 for the booklet.

No outer-box, but all told -- I managed to pick up the set for about $135, which was about half the market rate, by my estimate. (Pretty good deal if you ask me.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I remember seeing both the Studio and Live Baker / Freeman sessions as add on's to trumpet instruction auctions. I was out of town and in mid flight when the auctions ended, but I recall they both went for less than $100. Not sure why the auction was set up that way. First thought was that he was trying to unload the instruction books and maybe bump up the shipping and handling costs (this was before the flat media rates). Whatever... someone got a good deal, just hope they played trumpet!

I picked up a Larry Young Mosaic box on CD back in late 2001 on eBay, for about $120, which included postage too (and this was back when they were regularly going for $200-$250, or more). It didn't include the outer box, or the booklet -- but the discs and inserts were legit.

The seller didn't use the words "Mosaic" or "Blue Note" anywhere in the listing. All he said to describe it was "complete recordings of Larry Young".

Pretty decent price. I later picked up a slightly water-damaged Larry Young booklet for the set from Undergroundagent, when he somehow got his hands on a Larry Young booklet in better condition than the one he had (the water-damaged one). I think I paid Underground about $15 for the booklet.

No outer-box, but all told -- I managed to pick up the set for about $135, which was about half the market rate, by my estimate. (Pretty good deal if you ask me.)

VERY good deal Captain Sulu!

Well, no longer on the 'stealth' list. 'Runsgood' has it in his crosshairs. When this nice guy wants something BN/Mosaic he usually gets it. If any of you have a mono Basra or stereo GO let him know, he's looking for them.

Wolff, any idea how much would a very clean copy of Basra mono vinyl fetch?

Might soon have to start thinking of selling some of the albums I have.