JUMP records

DrJ

Never seen anything on it before, and this weekend while doing my holiday shopping I found two interesting items:

1) A CD with George Van Eps, Eddie Miller, and Stanley Wrightsman (piano) trios as well as some Van Eps solos and bass/drums/guitar trios from the 1940s. Good stuff

2) La Vere's Chicago Loopers - on vinyl, master takes (apparently there is an alternate takes LP out there too - the liners make mention of it - but I was lucky to find what I did used). This has a host of great musicians, Van Eps, Nick Fatool, others - but the crown jewel is a 1950 session with Jack Teagarden, 4 tracks that are absolutely glorious - easily the best Tea I've yet to hear, both vocally and especially in terms of his trombone playing - and that's saying something of course! If there are alternates for this session I'd love to hear 'em.

Anyone who can say anything about this label and what all is available?

Jump was a West Coast revivalist label (of the '40s) centering around the Bob Crosby band. Years ago I was a distributor for the label and am ashamed to say I can't recall the name of the label producer/owner. All I can say is he was a fine fellow and he created a label reflecting his taste. Some really good music there.

I think the label is now owned (or at least distributed) by a gentleman (can't remember his name) associated with the Alleghany Jazz Society in Pennsylvania. As Lon mentioned, the new 90s material is excellent. I'm thinking of 3 cds by Keith Ingham's New York Nine that are really good. Marty Grosz, Dan Barrett, Ken Peplowski, etc on board these.

Yes, but it looked partial...I did see the e-mail address for the Allegheny Jazz Society too and will drop them a line inquiring about future reissue plans and complimenting them on their work thus far. I was just wondering if anyone here had info...thanks folks!