Lee Morgan and a wrong disc problem

reg

just bought the Live At The Lighthouse '70 - 2 Cd Set by Fresh Sound Records. my CD has copyright 2004.

has anyone else got this as my disc 2 is not Lee Morgan but some big band thing?

anyone else had this problem with the wrong disc. any ideas on getting it fixed? back to the shop or through freshsound themselves?

great disc 1 by the way :)

I bought the same set a few weeks ago and ended up with two disc 3s and no disc 2. I returned it where I bought it and they replaced it, since attempts to contact Blue Note myself did not receive a response. Wonder why they struggled to keep this thing together?

I wish they'd thrown something different in with my set instead of doubling up discs. You lucked out!

This happened to me once a few years back when I purchased an Evan Parker CD on ECM (import). The disk looked right, complete with ECM logo, etc., but the music was a polka band......which was even more surprising than what I expected from Mr. Parker. I'm sure this kind of thing happens from time to time at duplicating facilities, and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. I took it back to the store and they gave me a refund, no problem.

Edited by fkimbrough

I bought the same set a few weeks ago and ended up with two disc 3s and no disc 2.  I returned it where I bought it and they replaced it, since attempts to contact Blue Note myself did not receive a response.  Wonder why they struggled to keep this thing together?

I wish they'd thrown something different in with my set instead of doubling up discs.  You lucked out!

NOT the same set. Two completely differnent things we're talkin' about here...

morgan_lee~_leemorgan_106b.jpgc25987ys295.jpg

The one on the left is gray-market material, by Fresh Sound (and probably not recorded at The Lighthouse, but from the same time period). The Fresh Sound hastwo discs total.

The one on the right is the official Blue Note release. The Blue Note has three discs total (at least the U.S. domestic issue). Well, where might be a two-disc TOCJ, maybe (that mirrors the original 2-LP set), but the 3-CD expanded edition is by far the most common one.

In the case of the wrong disc with Fresh Sound, I'd definitely take it back to the retailer you got it from, and just return it (and get another one somewhere else). Getting a replacement disc via Fresh Sound directly would probably be a major pain in the ass (if it's even possible at all).

In the case of the wrong disc with Blue Note, you could try either route, and I would guess with an equal chance for success.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Rooster,

Is this a new cover for the Fresh Sound set? Mine has a different cover, but I know that that particular pressing was OOP. I was told that there was going to be a new pressing with the correct track listing. A little birdie told me that Fresh Sound finally got a hold of the correct tune titles. Whether they intend to pay royalties to Mabern, Maupin etc. is a whole 'nother story...

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

No idea about a new cover for the Fresh Sounds material. I just copped the image from Dusty Groove. My cover looks different, probably the same one you have (the old one, presumably). So I guess then this is the new cover.

No idea if they fixed the tune titles. Anybody own this with the new cover?? What are the tunes???

Edited by Rooster_Ties