just for a Lark

It's a 4dr (by the way did you know that at one point Ford called theirs Tudors and fordors, just for the history and literature majors out there). Nice shade of red it is. '59 was the first year for the Lark, gave Stude its first profit in years and allowed the board to diversify their way out of the auto business and save the stockholders bacon. The Avanti, beautiful as it is, is basically a Lark underneath and helped get them out of the car biz by losing $.

My former coworker bought a '58 Stude for his wife a few years ago. I think he paid around $3000 for it. He kept trying to find out what model it was without any luck, and he took it to the local Studebaker car club.

It turns out that it was a prototype. He was really blown away. These guys were making offers on it, but he kept it.

Great story 'bout the guy buying the prototype but I know Studes well enough to know I'm not getting that lucky? Any more info on what it was a prototype for (the GT Hawk maybe?)

It looked like a short '57 Chevy. The car was confirmed as a Studebaker, though.

It had small fins on the back. I'll email him and see if I can get a picture.