Lost Three Blind Mice rendition

sonic1

A long long time ago I heard a very old recording of Three Blind Mice. It was an amazing rendition of the song. Very repetitive, almost minimalistic, with short solos hovering above the melody. It was an old recording. The closest recording I have found to it was a few Coleman Hawkins renditions, but those recordings were similar in that they were probably the same date. That is where the similarities end.

This was such an interesting recording that it was almost avant-garde-though it was recorded way before any avant-garde recordings I know of, even before Tristano's work.

Can anyone help me on this one?

Jared

I took windows media player off my computer so I can't check the link. I have some recordings with bix doing it, and they are the closest to what I have heard. Scratch that coleman hawkins statement. I mixed them up for whatever strange neurological reason.

That is certainly the right track. I will have to see if the bix recordings I have are of the Frankie Trumbauer Orchestra. I think they are.

Jared