Best Country Visited.

Guest che

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eritrea's tops. Greenland (I know, not a country) is a close second. Burkina was charming in its own fashion, as was Benin. And surprisingly, Bolivia. Bangladesh more than India. Somalia and Sudan were, but probably no longer are; I haven't been in a couple of years. Ah, so many great places.

Let's all chip in and send "che" to Finland. Fins can send money to me to stop this movement.  :g

:lol::lol::lol:

Put me down for a c-note.

I'm in for a fin... ;)

I have a couple Loonies and a Two-nie to donate

I believe Finland has longer Winters. Moving there would just give him an excuse to post more. <_<

:P

Edited by alankin

I've loved every country I've been to. . . Ethiopia, Egypt, Kenya, Swaziland, Mocambique, Egland, France, Italy, Greece, Germany, Canada. . . it's such a wonderful world.

My favorite places that I visited I would have to say are. . . Ethiopia and Greece. Ethiopia. . . such a vast and varied place, such fascinating people and places, the churces in Lalibela, the walled city of Harar, the facinating capitol Addis Ababa. . . . Greece. . . I loved the air and sun and the antiquity, and the Aegean Ilses and. . . well send me back there, I was only there one week and I'll never forget it!

I agree with Lon in that I've enjoyed every place I've visited. Travelling is a wonderful experience, and you can learn and experience other's cultures wherever you go.

I've enjoyed the medina (souq?) and snake charmers in Tangier, Morocco; the fjords between Oslo and Bergen; watching the sun come up in Grindelwald, Switzerland, surely one of the most beautiful places on Earth; snorkeling on the second largest reef in the world, south of Cancun Mexico; visiting the Great Buddha at Kamakura, Japan, and riding the Star Ferry back and forth between Hong Kong and Kowloon.

Let's all chip in and send "che" to Finland. Fins can send money to me to stop this movement.  :g

I'm in for a fin... ;)

I believe Finland has longer Winters. Moving there would just give him an excuse to post more. <_<

Let me take a stab at this.

You post so many posts, but do you have an opinion on this topic?

Or

Just because you post so many posts and have more than 1000 posts, does not mean you are telling the truth.

:g;)

I'm in for a fin... ;)

Hyvaa huomenta Alan.

Miten menee?

But there are some very pretty women to keep you warm!

Che.

I would have to say my favorite country I've visited is Costa Rica. With its jungles, cloud forests, volcanos, rivers, hills and spectacular beaches, its a nature lover's paradise. Unlike most of its neighboring countries, its has a stable economy with VERY friendly people and hardly any crime. The food is excellent, the women are beautiful, and the weather is just about perfect. Pura vida!

My favorite single place, though, has to be Amsterdam. Enough said about that.

....now I suppose Sal will chime in with Mexico ;) !!!!

I love my father's homeland very much (in many ways it feels just as much like home as the USA does), and it was a very difficult decision to make, but it is in Costa Rica where I felt most at peace.

Edited by sal

Last summer I went to Germany, with my wife and children, we went to the Black Forrest. Prior to this we had for many years been to various Greek Islands.

It was our first time in Germany and it was a fantastic experience, we saw idilic small German towns, great forests, good food and more beer that we knew what to do with. What we saw left an impression with us all.

This year we will go to the French Alps.

Che.

It's a tough call between Hungary and Czechoslovokia... oh, beg pardon, comrades!!! I thought the question was "Best country invaded." My mistake!!!

Reminds me of the story about Che and Fidel, when just after the revolution Fidel asked the gathered revolutionaries " Do we have an economist in the room" (to head the Bank of Cuba)

So Che puts up his hand.

Afterwards Fidel asks Che " I did not know you were an economist?"

Che replied " I though you said a communist!" :P

Che.

I've been to many places and lived in four countries. I'm always happiest where I happen to be NOW!

So the answer is Ohio, USA! :party:

But in the spirit of some of the wonderful comments expressed on this thread earlier, I must also point out some unforgettable and exotic moments:

--Looking at the Irawaddy River from atop a temple ruin in Pagan, Burma.

--Being transported around Pagan by horse and buggy.

--Staying in or visiting the old grand hotels in Asia long past their prime, such as the Strand in Rangoon, the Peninsular in Hong Kong and the Caravel in Saigon.

--Having the entire beach to myself in Abaco Island, Bahamas.

--Yeah, I liked standing on top the Citadel in Chitzen Itza, Mexico too, but the beach scene from the hotel may have had that beat!

--Watching the rain come my way like a moving curtain while sitting in an open restaurant in Nakhon Phanom, Thailand, staring at the Laos hills across the Mekhong.

--Playing as a child in an old plantation house in Clarendon Parish, Jamaica.

--Taking long walks in the Lake District of England.

--Spending three days in the Louvre in Paris.

--Touring through a WWII-vintage Australian destroyer in Sydney harbour.

--Shopping for books in London, or Singapore, or Hong Kong or a small town in the USA. :g

--Staring into the jaws of an active volcano in Montserrat, West Indies.

--Exploring those old sugar mills in Antigua, or Montserrat or Jamaica.

--Boat tour through Halong Bay, Vietnam. My photos were destroyed when my camera went through the x-ray machine. The indelible pictures remain in my memories only.

--Staring at the base of a mountain in Nagano, Japan from the open porch of a farmhouse.

(Never been to Africa, nor Russia, nor much of Europe beyond France and Britain.) I feel deprived... B-)

I loved every country I've visited, and I was traveling in many countries. Which ones to choose? That's difficult. I will go with the criteria of "which country I most want to revisit?"

In that criteria I'd pick: Australia and Myanmar.

I've traveled Oz twice for a total of 4.5 months and I have plans for a third trip someday.

I spend 3 wonderful weeks in Myanmar. The country is beautiful, the people are so friendly and nice and the culture is extremely rich. At first we hesitated to visit there because of the totalitarian regime there, but once there I realized how important is it for the Myanmar people to have outsiders visit their country: First of all, our money went straight to the people themselves. They need it. Secondly, I think people embraced us as a beacon of hope, and the talks we had there helped (I think) people to further realize that things can be different in Myanmar.

Visit Oz and Myanmar, folks!

Reading the last three posts makes me realize how hard it is to chose and how wonderful every different place can be.

Conn and White Lightning, I also have special memories of Burma (Myanmar) and the people. I visited for a week twenty years ago and it really was eye opening. People used to joke that just before landing in Rangoon the pilot would say "Ladies and gentlemen, please set your watches back thirty years as we are about to land in Burma". I am sure it has changed by now, but that statement was very true in the 1985. Pagan is truly awe inspiring and like you Conn, I vividly remember sitting atop a temple as the sun went down staring down at the scene below. Such friendly and innocent people too.

And Kenny, how I loved New Orleans when I visited a couple of years ago. Itching to get back again soon.