LF: Andrew Hill Mosaic Box (7 cds)

I'm interested as well, and have been looking to buy one for some time now.

The most recent sale on EBay (a mint copy) went for $350!! :wacko:

At this point, I'm just hoping that the portions of the Mosaic that haven't been released in the US yet (Andrew!!, Compulsion, Involution, and Smokestack?) will eventually be released as RVGs or Conns. With the recent popularity of Passing Ships and the new Mosaic Select, maybe that will happen someday soon. I sure hope so!

Anyway, good luck!

Smokestack's been out as a Conn, and in Japan as well (maybe more than once).

There are eight sessions total on the Mosaic, four of which have never been released on CD in any other format. Those four are...

ANDREW!

the ONE FOR ONE session with Freddie Hubbard and Joe Henderson

COMPULSION

the INVOLUTION session with Sam Rivers (really a Hill date)

If I were a betting man, I'd say that both ANDREW! and COMPULSION will see the light of day as conns within the next 3 years, 4 tops.

We may never see single-disc issues of the other two.

I'm interested as well, and have been looking to buy one for some time now.

The most recent sale on EBay (a mint copy) went for $350!! :wacko:

Yeah, someone has been bidding wildly on Mosaic boxes on ebay. It doesn't take more than a few people to drive the prices to absurd levels.

Kevin

Is it true that Grass Roots is OOP? I was told by a friend today that this disc is going premium on ebay! Yikes. I never bought it. Should've learned my lesson on Conns by now, eh?

Yo Tom, if you're reading, I picked up a TOCJ of Jimmy Smith at the Baby Grand Vol. 2 today for $7.95! Also got a Leo Parker!

We may never see single-disc issues of the other two.

Thanks for the info, Rooster. Just curious, why do you think the other two will never be issued?

Just doesn't seem (to me) to be as likely that they'd be released as singles -- since neither one was released back in the day, as actual "albums" all unto themselves.

Not sayin' it wouldn't never happen, but ANDREW! and COMPULSION seem much more likely to get the Conn treatment, at least first.

Edited by Rooster_Ties