2005 MPS reissue box sets etc.

Bluerein

Can't help you with the dates, I've been trying to find out more about these myself.

According to a record shop owner I had correspondance with recently the contents of the Gulda set would be:

Music for 4 soloists & band (1965)

Vienna Revisted (1969)

The air from other planets (1969)

It's all one (1970)

As you like it (1970)

The long road to freedom (1971)

Musicians of our time (Vol. 1) (1972)

Musicians of our time (Vol. 2) (1973)

Musicians of our time (Vol. 3) (1973)

which would be his complete output on MPS. It didn't seem as if it was possible to preorder at this stage. As it is said to comemorate Gulda's would-be 75th birthday, which is the 17th of May, something would have to happen rather soon.

Hello all,

does anyone know when these reissues will be issued? I've read the general release overview but no dates were stated. I'm a MPS nut so I really want some of the planned sets (Van Damme, Peterson, Gulda).

Could somebody post a link to the planned sets? One set I would love to see is a George Shearing (late '70's) trio. Three very fine LP's with Louis Stewart and NHOP that have never been released on CD, afaik.

One set I would love to see is a George Shearing (late '70's) trio.  Three very fine LP's with Louis Stewart and NHOP that have never been released on CD, afaik.

"On Target" (MPS 15551) has been reissued in 1994 on the double Cd "Three Originals" (MPS 523522). But, of course, this is the Shearing trio with the overdubbed Robert Farnon Orchestra.

Luca

sorry for the german only in there

JAZZECHO mentioned about the upcoming MPS release in December

5CDBox:

Van Damme - Swinging The Accordion On MPS

Goulda - Musician Of Our Time: Midlife Harvest

3CD Box

Cicero - Swinging The Classics On MPS

Singers unlimited - The Complete A Capella Sessions

2CD Box

Baden Powell - "On Guitar"

and again a set of Oscar Peterson CD either as individual ones but no date mentioned at that time "Reunion Blues", "Walking The Line", "Another Day" and "Tracks" and a second batch contains "Great Connection", "In Tune" (with Singers Unlimited!), "Tristeza On Piano", "Motions & Emotions" and "Hello Herbie"

Cheers, Tjobbe

Edited by tjobbe