The Jazztet

Jazz Kat

Getting back to the original post, while I enjoy and own many of the various Jazztet recordings, I have never found the group to be - possible sacrilege here - essential, much less revolutionary. At the time of the recordings documented by Michael F here and of course by the Mosaic box, i.e., 1960-62, great recordings and performances were being made by Miles, Coltrane, Mingus, Ornette, Blakey, Silver, Cecil, Dolphy, McLean...., I don't need to go on. While the Jazztet was certainly a part of that wonderful, fertile period for the music, the caliber of competition for the devout jazz listener was obviously quite high.

and if Michael Weiss knows of any documentation of his tour with the group, I'd love to know. If I'm not mistaken, this was the group that played at the Jazz Cafe in London on July 7, 1995.

Mike

Mike,

By coincidence I just received in the mail today a copy of a radio broadcast by this group. Here are the details.

July 14, 1995

Cirkusbygningen, Copenhagen

Art Farmer, Benny Golson, Curtis Fuller, Michael Weiss, Buster Williams, Carl Allen

Whisper Not (15:48)

Are You Real (13:35)

Edited by relyles