Tidbit from Mosaic

AmirBagachelles

I wrote in to say thanks for the great Andrew Hill Select, asked about reissuing the 1995 set. MC says all will be reissued as regular BN discs, no timing given. I also suggested Mosaic try to do the four Bobby Bradford - John Carter LPs (two on Flying Dutchman, two on Revelation, yes?) as a Select, MC said he would look into it. Good enough for me.

Great suggestion. I have the two Flying Dutchmans and the two Revelations, they're all wonderful, accessible "avant garde" recordings. I was fortunate to see Bradford & Carter some time after these recordings were made, circa '79 at the Soundscape Loft in NYC. A real treat. :tup

I think there was also a session on Moers Music.

I do have that, it's titled VARIATIONS ON SELECTED THEMES FOR JAZZ QUINTET, recorded in '79. The FDs and the Revelation sessions were all recorded earlier between 1969-72. As such, they have a more uniform "sound" than the later recording.

There's also a reunion, as such, done in 1988 wherein they reprise a few of the selections from the early LPs, released under Bradford's name on HatArt titled COMIN' ON:

e21679z9o4z.jpg

Edited by MartyJazz