Joe Dodge...RIP?

sheldonm

I went to see Ravi Coltrane last night and had dinner with Jim Neumann afterwards. He told me that Joe Dodge (drummer with Brubeck) passed away in the past couple weeks. I wasn't even sure that he was still living :mellow: . I'm not sure if I missed this or if Jim is incorrect; anyone know more? I hope this isn't the case :( .

Mark

Danny D'imperio sent me the following a few weeks ago:

Following a succession of heart problems, Joe Dodge died on August 18, 2004. He was 82. He

was a gracious, forthright and often very funny man. Joe was an invaluable source as I worked on Take Five: The Public and Private Lives of Paul Desmond. He and Desmond met in the army and loved one another's playing. Paul wanted Dodge in the Brubeck Quartet from the beginning in 1951. It finally worked out in 1953. When Dodge quit in 1956 to spend more time with his family, he was succeeded by Joe Morello.

Doug Ramsey

Danny D'imperio sent me the following a few weeks ago:

Following a succession of heart problems, Joe Dodge died on August 18, 2004. He was 82. He

was a gracious, forthright and often very funny man. Joe was an invaluable source as I worked on Take Five: The Public and Private Lives of Paul Desmond. He and Desmond met in the army and loved one another's playing. Paul wanted Dodge in the Brubeck Quartet from the beginning in 1951. It finally worked out in 1953. When Dodge quit in 1956 to spend more time with his family, he was succeeded by Joe Morello.

Doug Ramsey

...very sad :( !