Organissimo June Tour Schedule

If anybody is in or near Michigan and is interested in hearing us at one of our shows here's the schedule.

We will be featuring jazz vocalist Harvey Thompson and my father, tenor sax man Arno Marsh...

Thu 7 till 9:00pm Rotary Pavilion, Downtown Cadillac - "Upbeat Cadillac",

Fri 7 till 9:00pm Rambadt Park, Reed City 1/2 mile E of 131 & US 10 - "Crossroads Picnic Showcase"

Sat 7 till 9:00pm Wenger Pavilion, Baldwin - "Sounds from the Forest"

Sun 2 till 4:00pm Waterfront Park, Ludington - "WestShore WaterFront ShowCase"

7 till 11:00pm Gull Landing, Downtown Pentwater - "We’ve Got the Sunday Blues & All That Jazz"

Mon 7 till 9:15pm Waterfront Stadium-Grand Haven - "Stompin at the Stadium"

Rainsite @ Grand Haven Community Center

All venues and times are the same for this ten week series

Edited by randissimo

I can't remember if Jim said he sent anything out, but I did alert him to your posts. We are putting together a short tour in October, and will keep you and everyone else informed on the details. Thanks again for the leads. :tup B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sorry I wasn't able to come and see you last Monday. I found out that vacationing with a one-year-old is not exactly a vacation ;) We just couldn't find the time to get away.

Well, next time I bring the family to Michigan, I'll definitely try to see y'all.

FWIW, A friend spun me the new Bill Heid CD Da Girl! Very nice stuff. I think that CD may be a good album-of-the-week choice. :)

Edited by Jim Dye

Jim,

No problem. It's too bad you couldn't make it as it would've been nice to meet you face to face, but I'm actually kind of glad you didn't show up! I would've been slightly embarassed. I think Monday was the worst night of the tour. I think everyone was just burned out after 7 gigs in 5 days non-stop. I didn't feel like I played well at all... but that's water under the bridge! :)

I haven't picked up the new Heid yet, but I've been meaning to. He's a monster!

The trip was a blast! The highlight was playing with Randy's father, Arno. He's a tenor saxophonist who's played with everyone you can imagine! He's 75 and plays his ass off! He sounded great and it was a pleasure playing with him, hearing his stories, and hanging.

I recorded three days worth of the shows, so we'll see if anything survives and becomes a live record.

:)