Cheap Ray Dummond's on half.com

I posted about cheap Arabeseques in January. You can do a search by label at Amazon. Can you search by label at Half.com?

A search at Amazon showa 26 titles for Arabesque under $1 maybe 10-12 at .01, essentially available for shipping.

Edited by Tom in RI

I posted about cheap Arabeseques in January. You can do a search by label at Amazon. Can you search by label at Half.com?

A search at Amazon showa 26 titles for Arabesque under $1 maybe 10-12 at .01, essentially available for shipping.

I think I saw your post in January and picked up several Arabesque titles at very low price. Thanks!

• 8 months later...

i wanted to bump this thread up because recently i have been thorroughly enjoying two of ray drummond's arabesque releases: excursions and vignettes. there's so much to enjoy here: great compositions, thoughtful arrangements, and exhuberant solos. i'm not a fan of john scofield, so i'm passing on drummond's continuum. however, i just placed an order on half.com for his last arabesque release: one-two-three-four. a sealed copy for $3.83, including shipping! if you've ever thought of purchasing these titles, please don't hesitate. they're that good!

Any opinions on which sellers have the best shipping rates? Some of those one cent CDs screw you with $4.95/per CD shipping...

Half and the used network at Amazon each have $2.49 shipping charges. Ebay sellers usually exceed that in my experience. I have overall had much better experiences buying from the Amazon used network than from Half. In my experience, Amazon seems to be more "professionals" (lots of transactions), with better overall ethics.

Half and the used network at Amazon each have $2.49 shipping charges.

true, but if you buy more than one item from the same half.com seller, shipping is a dollar less for each additional item. there is no such discount from sellers in the amazon.com marketplace. to that end, if you're thinking of buying one or more of drummond's arabesque recordings, you might check to see if the seller also has available some titles by charles mcpherson, art farmer, or charles sullivan on that label (see below). again, the asking price for sealed copies of these cds often is quite low.

42_7.JPGd0_7.JPG40_7.JPG

B000000T55.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpgf6_7.JPGfarmer_silkroad.jpg

Edited by jazzshrink

Half and the used network at Amazon each have $2.49 shipping charges.

true, but if you buy more than one item from the same half.com seller, shipping is a dollar less for each additional item. there is no such discount from sellers in the amazon.com marketplace. to that end, if you're thinking of buying one or more of drummond's arabesque recordings, you might check to see if the seller also has available some titles by charles mcpherson, art farmer, or charles sullivan on that label (see below). again, the asking price for sealed copies of these cds often is quite low.

42_7.JPGd0_7.JPG40_7.JPG

B000000T55.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpgf6_7.JPGfarmer_silkroad.jpg

Agreed, some really nice stuff. You can sometimes find the Arabesque's in multiple CD lots on ebay, which really brings down the per disc shipping cost.