What Are You Watching

BBC Sherlock 2nd season " A Scandal In Belgravia"

sherlock_irene_from_couk.jpg

Very entertaining, the two leads carried things along well despite an episodic, fragmented storyline and a badly miscast Moriarty.

The Holmes -Irene Adler interplay was especially good.

Rather gimmicky and a bit too smart for it's own good but I enjoyed it.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on TV, so I checked out the "On Demand" selection, and found the entire series of "Boys From The Blackstuff".

Watched this as a teenager, and found it stood up well 30 years later. The Yosser Hughes episode was particularly good. I did read somewhere that Bernard Hill was profoundly affected by playing Yosser.

Very entertaining, the two leads carried things along well despite an episodic, fragmented storyline and a badly miscast Moriarty.

Am I the only one who thinks this guy looks way too young for Sherlock Holmes?

Am I the only one who thinks this guy looks way too young for Sherlock Holmes?

I agree that would normally be true if the show were another literal interpretation of Conan Doyle's character.

It's not really the case here as the show is a modern day, loose riff on the original ideas, using cell phones, pc's and all the tools SH might have used if he'd lived in the 21st century. Think Dr Who rather than Jeremy Brent. the show is daft, tongue in cheek and great fun. :party:

Well, sometimes I have doubts about my critical faculties. The Killing 2 had been hailed from all sides as superb, the best thing since Mother's Pride and essential television but has left me seriously underwhelmed so far. It's been a struggle to maintain interest in the meandering goings on. :unsure:

borgen_sason_1_blu-ray-12678825-frntl.jpg

Just arrived in the Saturday night Scandinavian slot. Political drama - very impressive.

Rumour has it that the BBC is now cancelling all future domestic productions, returning all the US stuff and allowing the Danes to take over the airwaves. Completing what they left off from in the early 11thC.

Sherlock part 3.

That's going to take some explaining !

Alcatraz 1 & 2

Ho hum,this is supposed to be a mid season quicky filler. Didn't Prison Break start out that way ?

Anyhow it was pretty entertaining with time travel elements and what not to keep us amused.

alcatraz-fox-tv-show.jpg?d=600

Spot Hurley ?

I really really wanted to like Alcatraz. . . it's okay and my two tv pals (we get together once or twice a week to watch some shows) and I will probably watch a while. I was disappointed though, not very "gripping" and not as entertaining as I'd hoped.

Sherlock part 3.

That's going to take some explaining !

Alcatraz 1 & 2

Ho hum,this is supposed to be a mid season quicky filler. Didn't Prison Break start out that way ?

Anyhow it was pretty entertaining with time travel elements and what not to keep us amused.

alcatraz-fox-tv-show.jpg?d=600

Spot Hurley ?

I saw the episode of Sherlock, and I agree. Why must they make everything too smartarsed, too sci-fi and unbelieveable?

Did you guys notice the opening chase sequence from Alcatraz (across the rooftops) was basically a direct lift from Hitchcock's Vertigo? The show was enjoyable enough, I was hoping for more, but it was good enough for me to keep watching.

Absolutely! I said to Hisako, wow they've ripped off the Vertigo opening.

Did you guys notice the opening chase sequence from Alcatraz (across the rooftops) was basically a direct lift from Hitchcock's Vertigo? The show was enjoyable enough, I was hoping for more, but it was good enough for me to keep watching.

Absolutely! I said to Hisako, wow they've ripped off the Vertigo opening.

It's enough to give you conceptual vertigo.

Daughter: Dad, have you ever heard of "Firefly"?

Me: Heard of it? I own it!

Daughter: Would you be interested in watching it again some time?

Currently enjoying Firefly with my daughter.

515NJKZ1XKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Awesome! It's always nice to revisit a good show with someone that hasn't seen it.