What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched an episode of a fascinating documentary about WWII called Apocalypse.

Narrated by director Mathieu Kassovitz in th French version, this series in 6 parts tells the story using new and original footage done in HD it also colorizes the images to give it a more real feeling, although at times the colors bastardizes the dramatic effects.

Nonetheless a must, whether you're have an interest or not about this subject.

I know the english version was shown on History Channel in the US, but can't find a proper workable link about the subject right now.

Just watched an episode of a fascinating documentary about WWII called Apocalypse.

Narrated by director Mathieu Kassovitz in th French version, this series in 6 parts tells the story using new and original footage done in HD it also colorizes the images to give it a more real feeling, although at times the colors bastardizes the dramatic effects.

Nonetheless a must, whether you're have an interest or not about this subject.

I know the english version was shown on History Channel in the US, but can't find a proper workable link about the subject right now.

Thanks for the tip. I've had my eye on this and will watch it on your recommendation.

Starting this for the third time through, this time on Blu-Ray. As awesome as the DVD picture was, this is just slightly improved on Blu-Ray in my opinion. But the sound is significantly improved. Blu-Ray is often incredibly impressive as a sonic medium, and it is here.

5076.jpg

Yesterday I watched the last episode of Yes, Prime Minister. I'd never seen these before, and I'm happy to say that they're just as funny as the orginal series, thought the interplay between the characters is different. Sir Humphries doesn't always get the upperhand here, while Jim Hacker isn't nearly as sympathetic a character as in the original. Good stuff.

Now I'm going through episodes of Terry Jones' Medieval Lives, so far an excellent series. A bit silly in spots, but it is Terry Jones after all. I'm happy to be alive and a history buff in a time when history is concerned with more than just the "big names at the top".

Edited by Jazzmoose