• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillF

• JSngry

• paul secor

• The Magnificent Goldberg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tim, again, the idea of the game is to be creative.  Use your imagination.  Listing three ballet dancers or three trumpeters or three talk show hosts or three children's authors, or three people named James (etc etc) is not using your imagination.  Once in awhile it's fine (I guess), but you're doing this over and over.  Not trying to pick on you or chase you away, but the game is supposed to be creative and fun, and you're not quite grasping the idea yet.  Look at what others are doing, and come up with some ideas of your own.  If you're puzzled about what others are doing, just ask- it's cool (in fact, there used to be a related Q&A thread back in the early years of the game here).

9 hours ago, Jim R said:

Tim, again, the idea of the game is to be creative.  Use your imagination.  Listing three ballet dancers or three trumpeters or three talk show hosts or three children's authors, or three people named James (etc etc) is not using your imagination.  Once in awhile it's fine (I guess), but you're doing this over and over.  Not trying to pick on you or chase you away, but the game is supposed to be creative and fun, and you're not quite grasping the idea yet.  Look at what others are doing, and come up with some ideas of your own.  If you're puzzled about what others are doing, just ask- it's cool (in fact, there used to be a related Q&A thread back in the early years of the game here).

Hm.
I have been doing that, Jim. Not sure why this is such an issue for you...just a game, right? TBH, in the above list you would have to know the reference of the last name in the previous post to get the ballet connection. Others, if you will note, I have extended beyond a simple listing of names. And, if you will further note, all of my names are real people.

And, to be perfectly frank, I am not the only one who, on occasion, compiles a list of some sort. Perhaps, creativity is in the eye of the beholder?

BTW...I have been posting on this thread since the beginning. This isn't my first rodeo. ;)

Edited by Tim McG

5 hours ago, Tim McG said:

Hm.
I have been doing that, Jim. Not sure why this is such an issue for you...just a game, right? TBH, in the above list you would have to know the reference of the last name in the previous post to get the ballet connection. Others, if you will note, I have extended beyond a simple listing of names. And, if you will further note, all of my names are real people.

And, to be perfectly frank, I am not the only one who, on occasion, compiles a list of some sort. Perhaps, creativity is in the eye of the beholder?

BTW...I have been posting on this thread since the beginning. This isn't my first rodeo. ;)

You're still missing my point, Tim.  It IS just a game.  It's not an "issue" for me, I'm just trying to help you understand how to play, so you (and those who read your posts) can have more fun with it.  You say "I have been doing that".  I'm not sure what "that" refers to.  As I said, you're listing three of something (ballet dancers, talk show hosts, trumpeters, children's authors, etc etc etc).  Nothing really "wrong" with doing that on occasion, but you're doing it every time (and you did that in your first rodeo at Jazz Corner too, I just never tried to point out that you weren't playing the game as steve(thelil) designed it).  There's no creativity involved in naming three ballet dancers.  If I had folllowed your post with three more random names of ballet dancers, would you (or anyone) have smiled, or said "Ah, interesting", or felt any joy at all?  I mean, we can follow the old Kevin Meaney schtick and take turns naming all the vegetables, or sing the alphabet, but that's kind of not what this is about.  Maybe you're just not seeing the creativity that others are engaging in?  

I'm really just trying to help.  Sincerely.  :)

Edited by Jim R