OOP Hat Art and many other discs on eBay

thanks, guys. I'm still pretty excited about a couple of these that have closed in the last few days, the Braxton Novus disc that went for $98, and the Mulligan/Baker box that went for over $150.

now that I seem to have some hardcore people who follow all my auctions and bid on a lot of them, I'm starting to put up some of the Japanese import Tokuma reissues of Arista/Freedom LPs, which were never easy to find, curious how those do.

oh, and I put up Rara Avis, for the person asking earlier in the thread...

thanks, guys. I'm still pretty excited about a couple of these that have closed in the last few days, the Braxton Novus disc that went for $98, and the Mulligan/Baker box that went for over $150.

I'm hoping that equals more new Ersts in the near future.

I'm hoping that equals more new Ersts in the near future.

well, 044: Tetuzi Akiyama/Günter Müller-Points and Slashes and 045: Julien Ottavi/Dion Workman-misenlian should both be out within the next month or so, and then the amazing double CD from the four gentlemen of the guitar should follow in July. I think after that, I'm probably done for 2005, maybe one or two more ErstLives.

I think I'm in good enough financial shape to cover all of those now, what I need money for is what's beyond that, the Rowe/Nakamura recording sessions last week in Switzerland and hopefully again in late June/early July in Vienna, the Jason Lescalleet/Tim Barnes recordings we're doing here next weekend, ErstQuake 2 in September (are you coming down for this, John?), that kind of thing.

and yes, these eBay sales are definitely helping, so thanks again to anyone bidding on them...

Guest Chaney

Coe, Oxley & Co.-Nutty (LONG OOP Hat Art CD)

Still no bids on this one.

Try finding Nutty elsewhere.  Go on, I dare ya!

Highly recommended and at a good price.

I'm taking your advice, Chaney.

If anyone outbids me I will be pissed.

gjfpb ( 309) US $24.00 May-08-05 18:41:17 PDT

gjfpb ( 309) US $24.00 May-08-05 18:40:55 PDT

confidenceplustrust ( 15) US $23.50 May-08-05 09:49:47 PDT

gjfpb ( 309) US $22.60 May-08-05 18:40:35 PDT

gjfpb ( 309) US $18.00 May-08-05 18:40:16 PDT

leo463 ( 311) US $15.00 May-07-05 13:12:36 PDT = John B

:(

All these OOP albums, Jon. When do we get to see the pieces of your ABBA and KISS collections? :rsly:

~~~~~~~~

Jon: Your site shows:

Future Releases

EL005-3 (triple CD): Keith Rowe/Sachiko M/Toshimaru Nakamura/Otomo Yoshihide

Future release?

Edited by Chaney

Jon: Your site shows:

Future Releases

EL005-3 (triple CD): Keith Rowe/Sachiko M/Toshimaru Nakamura/Otomo Yoshihide

Future release?

No, current release. Very, very good, although, at four hours, difficult to assimilate.

I checked back, but Nutty had gotten too rich for my wallet. Oh well, another time.

ErstQuake 2 in September (are you coming down for this, John?), that kind of thing.

I'm planning on making it down for the show(s), but it is difficult to be sure so far in advance.

I'll have to figure out how easy it is to get from the venue to Brooklyn at night.

The list of upcoming releases looks fantastic. Two more ErstLives for the year would be nice, too.

thanks, Tony, I'll fix that. I've got plenty of stuff that's not OOP, but that seems less worth taking the trouble to post on eBay. no Kiss or Abba, though, although I dug Kiss Alive II when I was a young 'un.

John, the festival might be in Brooklyn, we don't have a venue yet, but wherever it is, it won't be too hard to get to and from.

John, the festival might be in Brooklyn, we don't have a venue yet, but wherever it is, it won't be too hard to get to and from.

That would be nice. My sister has promised to attend with me, should I go down for the shows. She has never heard any eai, so I'll have to give her something to listen to before dragging her to a show "blind."

I didn't realize that Basel was OOP.  I thought I might be able to track down a copy for jlhoots but had no luck.

Found & bought a new copy today. :lol::tup

I bought a new copy on ebay 2 weeks ago for $16 total, from a seller in WA

Man with the Golden Arm Posted on May 10 2005, 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Kalo @ May 4 2005, 03:30 AM)

Clusone Trio-: .... as well as my memories. Saw them in '98 in a tiny lecture hall at MIT. One of the best shows ever.

hey! i saw that show too!!! Bennick kicking boxes, pulling the fishing line on the hi-hat and all. what fun for real cheep! 

It was something else. Beautiful, lyrical moments intercut with outright insanity. Bennink was truly, as I've written elsewhere, "a cross between comic anarchist Harpo Marx and bebop drum architect Max Roach." He kicked cardboard boxes, played a chair as well as his shoes, and banged mercilessly on the piano smack in the middle of a reverential ballad.

Meanwhile, Michael Moore and Ernst Reijseger kept right on playing as though the drummer wasn't RUNNING AMOK.

The bit with the fishing line went like this: Bennink announced that he had to go to the bathroom. He tied the line to his hi-hat and played it out, then handed it to a guy in the middle of the audience, telling him "you play while I'm gone." Then he retreated to the back of the room.

Moore and Reijseger kept playing, seemingly oblivious to Bennink's antics. The guy in the audience sheepishly gave a few exploratory tugs to the line; the hi-hat sloshing around arrhythmically in response. Then the guy gets a bit TOO bold. He tugs harder and harder to try getting the hi-hat slosh into vague accordance with Moore and Reijseger. Finally, he tugs too hard and pulls the whole thing over, stand and all.

At just that moment, Bennink rushes right up to the guy, arms akimbo, the picture of mock high-dudgeon. He disdainfully snatches the line from the guy and returns to his kit to set the hi-hat and stand back upright, all the while shaking his head and shooting reproachful glances at the audience guy.

Hilarious.

But they could also play so lyrically that it brought a tear to your eye, with Bennink playing brushes softly and beautifully--albeit barefoot, crosslegged on the floor, with the snare in his lap, six feet away from the rest of his kit.

Like I said, one of the best shows ever. (I wish I'd written down the setlist.)

quite the memory there kalo! brings me right back. i was standing to the side for the show and seem to remember it was hot in there.

right, that it was the guy in the audience who helped out on percussion! :lol: i think Bennink even did a clog solo?

a bit reminiscent of Willem Breuker at the Nightstage laying out for some solos and joining a table in front for a beer and a hearty shoe shine.

do bands still have fun like this anymore? maybe it's just a Dutch thing. :g

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

• 7 months later...

I think a lot of folks are hesitant to respond when shipping charges aren't specified in advance by ebay sellers.

Often I've spotted an interesting item near the close of an auction, but the failure for a seller to

list shipping charges often doesn't allow time for an email response to an inquiry from a would-be

buyer.

I think a lot of folks are hesitant to respond when shipping charges aren't specified in advance by ebay sellers.

True, but Jon has the cost for shipping listed in every auction I looked at.

I've bought discs from Jon in the past (and am bidding on one of these now) and he is really quick to ship and is extremely pleasant to deal with.

yes, my shipping is clearly marked within every auction, it just doesn't come up on that page. $4 in the US, $6 overseas, lower if you combine items.

I've sold most of what I've put up so far, I think a lot of those are unbid on because of the holidays, so I wanted to give people a chance to see them before they expired later today.

yes, my shipping is clearly marked within every auction, it just doesn't come up on that page. $4 in the US, $6 overseas, lower if you combine items.

I've sold most of what I've put up so far, I think a lot of those are unbid on because of the holidays, so I wanted to give people a chance to see them before they expired later today.

Sorry for my goof, the shipping cost was omitted from the ebay search page and I looked no further...