FS:Phineas Newborn - "Harlem Blues" Japanese XRCD2

My offer of $20 was not "low" it was only slightly lower than your asking price.

Negotiation over price is a tried and true tradition in the informal marketplace here in America.

Until I saw this post, I was about to send you a PN offering your asking price since it is, after all, only a difference of $2, and your response to my query was polite enough.

But I find this public admonition of those of us who seek to bargain with you annoying.

Good luck selling your CD. It won't be to me.

My offer of $20 was not "low" it was only slightly lower than your asking price.

Negotiation over price is a tried and true tradition in the informal marketplace here in America.

...But I find this public admonition of those of us who seek to bargain with you annoying.

I love the indignation and a free[!] lesson in macro-economics. :g

Here's a lesson in economics from me - I'd rather give this cd away than haggle over two dollars.

johnny05.jpg

I remember a couple of years back I bought some BN Japan Lps from a board member and I asked him for a buck off ea., to save on shipping, since I bought 5 or 6 [and I still feel uneven about it], but for some reason this here just refuses to sit well.

I think I might be ready for another lecture on good taste and free market...

Sorry to see this get a bit ugly. I've found dealing with Dmitry a pleasure. In one of my dealings with Dmitry I screwed up, and he handled it with humor and dignity.

Also, out of the blue, he is sending me an album he thought I might like.

I may have posted what Dmitry did if I got more than a couple 'offers'. Then again, I may have reacted the same towards his post regarding offers. Tough call...anyone want a mulligan?

I'm with wolff. Two good guys, and I'm sorry to see this kind of thing happen. To me, haggling has always been a normal thing- even unconsciously so. I've been involved in buying and selling for many years (records, antiques, collectables, household stuff, etc, at garage sales, flea markets, and antique shows), and most of the time haggling is fun. Sometimes you do get an insulting offer, but even that can be laughed off after awhile. Anyway, I think this CD (understandably) was priced a bit higher than most CD's you see for sale around here, and I also think Dmitry might have wanted to begin by saying "price firm" (or words to that effect), rather than assuming that everyone should know he wasn't open to offers. So, I can see riverrat's perspective. But then again, only Dmitry knows what the other offers were. Bottom line: since Dmitry would rather give it away than haggle over two bucks, I guess I'll take it. :g:P