Regrets?

I think I may regret not springing for the Lee Morgan '50s box.

I sold my set after gathering all the included albums either on cds or on Lps. The sonics of this Mosaic weren't something to rave about, imo. At least one cd was mastered off an old Lp, clicks and all.

Don't remember hearing one was a dub. Do you remember which one? FWIW, I have the material otherwise - not the Mosaic.

To my best recollection, it was the disc which contained the Night in Tunisia. It's been a while, so I may be wrong as to which cd it was, but I remember hearing pops & clicks. Nothing very noticeable, but they were there.

This is redundant, I'm sure. I regretted not picking up many a set during Mosaic's vinyl days, but since vinyl is dead and guys are happy with their burns and individual CD's, I'm continually picking up the titles I missed, at normal prices. Due in tomorrow is the Mingus: Vogue and Candid set.

That being said, I do regret not getting the Mobley LP set. That sucker sold out in a heartbeat and still goes for big $$ on ePay. I'm still ok with the originals and Classic Records re-issues I have.

I guess I have been lucky that over time I have been able to fill in the gaps from the first issued that I really wanted usually with help from people on this board.

Now I do not bother trying to get them on ebay but make sure I get them first time around ( even the selects - if I do not have them on cd) I know that if I do not then in 3 years time I will be scrapping around on ebay for em.

Mind you there has not been a proper mosaic big box that I have wanted since the Stanley Turrentine...they all seem to come out now as selects which I guess is okay

:beee:

However I have tended to concentrate only on those mosaics that have been blue note related save the vee jays which were stunners!

I think you will have to try to get a matey to get a copy for you til the prices come down on ebay

By the way with reference to the first thread re the curtis fuller...it is an awesome set! :D

Andy