George Braith

Soul Stream

Listening to Extensions this morning on the way to work.

Great stuff!

Glad to hear you got your dose of Braith this morning. It should be required! Extension is absolutely his Blue Note masterpiece. "Nut City" is a standout for me. George said he wrote it while in Atlantic City...hence the title. :g

I came across a George Braith CD yesterday on Bellophon, recorded live in NYC. Anyone come across this one? Can't recall what the title was, exactly.

Probably "Double Your Pleasure - Live at the University of the Street", which came out in 1992 - think I've got this one stashed away somewhere.

I came across a George Braith CD yesterday on Bellophon, recorded live in NYC. Anyone come across this one? Can't recall what the title was, exactly.

Probably "Double Your Pleasure - Live at the University of the Street", which came out in 1992 - think I've got this one stashed away somewhere.

That's indeed the one , erik ! Didn't you pick that one up from 'Vinyl West' that day? What's it like?

Yes, that IS where I picked up this disc. Good memory you have (and talking like Yoda, I am!)

I have not played this recently, so I'll have to dig it out and give you my impressions later. I don't recall it being a poor recording or anything along those lines, though.

Thanks ! I remember this one being in your bundle that afternoon (along with a Coltrane 'Live In Japan Box' if I am not mistaken.. B-) ). Thay are asking £5 for the Braith so I'll more than likely pick it up anyway. Anything with George Braith on the front cover gets my vote.

Just a reminder...if you haven't listened to any George Braith in a while, do yourself a favor and slip on one of his Blue Note sessions today.  It'll bring a smile to your face, warm you heart, tickle your brain and make you tap your foot.  That's hard to do! :D

Oh, so that's where your user name came from. :D:P

George Braith, awesome artist!

• 1 month later...