LF more Freddie Roach

Heavy Soul is another one that has given me the "bug". That is a fantastic record!

Now I gotta track down It Might As Well Be Spring  :(

How about as a side man??

Heavy Soul/Ike Quebec

It Might As Well Be Spring/Ike Ouebec

Just be aware that It Might as Well Be Spring is one of those early Roach performances, and more than a few people here think its too "rinky dinky".

Not a problem for me, and Ike Quebec is terrific on this, but since you've been all revved up based on his later recordings, thought I'd give you fair warning on this one.

Dan I hear what you're saying. I think I've heard a few tracks from that one before and thought the same thing. In fact, that may have been the first Roach I ever heard and I thought that he seemed the least modern of the organists I had heard at the time.

But with Ike Quebec how can you go wrong?

Just be aware that It Might as Well Be Spring is one of those early Roach performances, and more than a few people here think its too "rinky dinky".

Not a problem for me, and Ike Quebec is terrific on this, but since you've been all revved up based on his later recordings, thought I'd give you fair warning on this one.

Edited by bluesForBartok

Yeh I have all of these and they are all very good. The Prestige ones I have commented on elsewhere and are worth a listen although Soul People is a little different from the rest.

The imports are pricy but when I bought them I had never had the lps as they were real hard to find then so it was worth it for me at the time as Ihad a littel extra jazz cd cash from selling lps.

If you can find cheaper copies then try

Or see if you can score a few burns til they get cheaper :lol:

Yeh I have all of these and they are all very good. The Prestige ones I have commented on elsewhere and are worth a listen although Soul People is a little different from the rest.

I like his BN releases a lot more than his Prestige recordings. Mocha motion! is very disappointing , imho! :bad: -_-

B for B,

I was at JRC a couple of months ago and Fred had gotten rid of all the trays he had for the Fresh Sound Cds. It was a little disappointing. The selection wasn't what it used to be cd wise.

Well now the search is on.

I may have to hit the Jazz Record Center this week. Anyone looking for anything? Let me know and I can get back to you w/ Fred's prices.

Indeed, it is absolutely impossible for one to go wrong when Ike Quebec is aboard!

Hey Brad,

All the Fresh Sound stuff is still there.  He just moved it into the big room where all the Vynil is. It's actually a bigger selection than what I remember from past visits.

Damn, now I'm pissed at myself. Got to get into the city. Thanks for the tip.