NICE FIND - Velvet Underground Acetate

tjluke68

In the meantime, to whet interest, Hill has made a CD-recordable copy of the acetate, "with my voice spliced in every 50 seconds" to dissuade copying, to send to publications such as Rolling Stone, Mojo and Record Collector.

Seems like a pretty stupid move.

yes, depending on how he did it, it may be very easy to edit out his voice - I would wonder, however, who owns the rights to this as it was an unaccepted demo - may have to be cleared with all VU members who are on it -

I thought of that too. Let us just hope that he had a decent turntable, as to not damage the record. :excl::(

I like the Quine stuff, but if I had a choice I would get the two "live" albums released on Mercury - still mediocre sound, but better sonics than the Quine - I agree about Reed - his early stuff is so important and unique, but his later output is embarrassing -

I like the Quine stuff, but if I had a choice I would get the two "live" albums released on Mercury - still mediocre sound, but better sonics than the Quine - I agree about Reed - his early stuff is so important and unique, but his later output is embarrassing -

Agree that 'Live 1969' is great.

Regarding Lou's more recent stuff, I thought that both 'New York' and 'Magic and Loss' marked a return to form and I like 'Ecstacy' quite a bit too. My favourite of his later output though is the tribute to Andy Warhol, with John Cale, 'Songs for Drella'.

• 1 year later...

I cannot imagine any rare, unearthed jazz recording which could fetch this type of auction price. What does that say about the state of the world, if anything?

Why does this surprise you? It doesn't say anything more than that rock is more popular than jazz...

I wonder what the Bolden cylinder would go for?