TRUE BLUE MUSIC JUNE SALE

I received this eMail today:

True Blue Music is an additional jazz service from Mosaic Records that offers great jazz recordings through a catalog and a website. True Blue Music sorts through the deluge of reissues to find the best CDs and LPs, based on musical and sonic quality, carrying some of the finest jazz recordings from all of the major labels including Blue Note, Verve and Columbia as well as independents such as Delmark, VSOP, Nessa, Biograph and Hindsight. To save on shipping costs you can combine purchasing from True Blue Music with your Mosaic Records order; the website combines the order automatically into one shopping cart.

For the month of JUNE all regularly priced $12.98 CDs are sale priced at $10.98, all $15.98 CDs are on sale for $12.98 and $17.98 CDs are now $14.98. LPs are also on sale with those regularly priced at $10.98 now on sale for $9.98 and audiophile LPs regularly priced at $29.98 are $25.98. :excited:

A complete product listing is available at our website www.truebluemusic.com and if you wish a catalog, please call us (203-327-7111) as we do have a limited quantity on hand.

any new coupons???

For the month of JUNE all regularly priced $12.98 CDs are sale priced at $10.98, all $15.98 CDs are on sale for $12.98 and $17.98 CDs are now $14.98.

For the month of JUNE all CDs are overpriced, instead of being extremely overpriced.

Guy

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Guy,

That's a spot on statement. I'm not sure what kind of thinking goes in to the establishment of price points, but when the same material is available from multiple other sources for significantly less money, you have to wonder what's driving our friends at True Blue. I wouldn't be cynical enough to believe that they're trying to trade on the basis of brand loyalty to Mosaic...or would I?

Up over and out.

Here's my two cents: they are a small outfit. The same occurs in one of my favorite online stores, Worlds Records. These folk don't get huge volume discounts from distributors and they have higher overhead and they want to make a little money. You basically pay list price in both places. In the case of Mosaic, you get their filtering of all out there to what they feel is essential material. You pay for that knowledge and selection too. In the case of Worlds, they carry small independent labels that put out niche interest items and you can actually order then and receive them. You can get every Jazz Oracle from them for example; that is NOT the case with cduniverse, though you can sometimes get some of them from cduniverse for a bit less. You can also get from Worlds imports often a number of weeks before other distributors offer them for US release (Storyville, etc.) THAT is cool.

Now I don't usually buy from trubeblue because for me (as for many of us here) my interests are broader and I generally already have the items they offer of artists that intrigue me, or will preorder them elsewhere and save some dollars. I do support Worlds Records though with my business because I like their support of the small niche products, AND I can often only easily find the material in their stock. Great little outfit!

Edited by jazzbo