Greatest NFL Quarterback

Select the greatest QB in NFL history  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Dolphins had such a sorry RB situation that on the goal line when most teams would run it in the Dolphins would pass most the time.

Yes, but didn't that pad up Marino's stats as a result?

BTW, we should start a thread about overrated quarterbacks. That would be fun. I suppose you might add John Elway to that list, though I'm not sure you would given that you say he belongs in the HOF; but one guy I might nominate would be Drew Bledsoe. As a lifelong Patriot fan, he let us down so often in his career that I have to view him as not quite living up to all the praises.

Name some others, folks. This would be fun. Overrated quarterbacks, or quarterbacks who didn't quite live up the hype.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, we should start a thread about overrated quarterbacks. That would be fun. I suppose you might add John Elway to that list, though I'm not sure you would given that you say he belongs in the HOF; but one guy I might nominate would be Drew Bledsoe. As a lifelong Patriot fan, he let us down so often in his career that I have to view him as not quite living up to all the praises.

No Pats fan really liked Bledsoe anyway ... so how can he be overrated?

BTW, we should start a thread about overrated quarterbacks.  That would be fun.  I suppose you might add John Elway to that list, though I'm not sure you would given that you say he belongs in the HOF; but one guy I might nominate would be Drew Bledsoe.  As a lifelong Patriot fan, he let us down so often in his career that I have to view him as not quite living up to all the praises.

No Pats fan really liked Bledsoe anyway ... so how can he be overrated?

Good point. But the media seems to throw themselves all over this guy. He's a good person and impressed a lot of people with his character when he was benched in favor of Tom Brady. I think the media just likes him.

t70f30o.jpg

Seeing as I used to scrawl #15 on my sweatshirts every fall I had to cast for Bart. Probably my fave since I was just old enough to watch those first couple of Super Bowls with Dad and actually pay a little bit of attention. I did like Roman Gabriel after becoming a Ram fan for a while. Jack Snow and Lance Rentzel-famous for the "down and out"! :P

Now how 'bout we talk greatest running back of all time. The #32 rings a bell.

i finally voted for marino. his regular season numbers are too good.

his 48 tds in a year, i really don't think will be broken, as good as warner was a few years back he was close but didn't make it. marino's rushing numbers sucked, i believe he finished with negative rushing yardage #s. i need to check out that fact. put marino on the 49ers and see how many superbowls he'd would have won. the 'phins had some of the worst rushing stats in the league for years.

i have a marino rookie card thats in really good shape.

superbowl wise, (i've been a football fan since the late 70's)

i go with montana with mr rice.

bradshaw was a bad ass during those steelers super bowls years

i hated elway (browns fan all my football life)

but finally respected the guy's never give up attitude.

young seemed too break down alot. last game ever was in phoenix vs the crappy cards on monday nite

favre is a bad ass mo-fo too.

the only year i won our fantasy football league, i had favre as my qb.

saw him play against the cards a few years back and they are playing in phoenix this year.

i think donavan mcnabb is gonna be a mvp really soon. he can do it all.

he is a smooth cat.

where's the greatest receivers poll. jerry rice should win that one easily.

Edited by Soulstation1