Open invitation to my Org friends

Big Al

If you live in the DFW area (or if you can get up/down here for a night), then I heartily invite y'all to come see me play in a recital/concert/gig/four-guys-playing-a-bunch-a-songs-we like!

WHEN: Friday, August 5

WHAT TIME: 7:00 pm

WHERE'S IT AT: Advent Lutheran Church, 3232 S. Cooper, in Arlington

DOES IT COST ANYTHING? No, but there will be a free-will offering, with all of the money going to Mission Arlington (hey, I wanted to have some purpose to this, rather than the four of us playing music and insulting each other)

The lineup of songs includes some of the old spirituals, some trips thru the great American songbook (with a lovely detour thru the Benny Golson songbook, which should be part of the Great American Songbook to begin with), a tune by Evanessence (not as bad as it sounds, but our clarient player wants to play it, he wrote the arrangement, so we let him have his fun) and whatever else we can come up with between now and the fifth!

The lineup is clarinet-piano-bass (me!!! Electric fretless, I'll warn ya right now)-drums. Please note write here that THIS IS NOT A JAZZ CONCERT. Not that we won't try, but if you come in looking for stretched-out jams and wild trips into the stratosphear, you'll likely leave disappointed. (However, if you happen to hear anything even REMOTELY jazzy in anything we do, tell me about it, won't you?) BUT, if you're looking for a pleasant evening of fun and (hopefully) halfway-decent playing, come on out and say "HI," won't you?

• 2 weeks later...

Up for air as the countdown to Friday night begins. I'm psyched, as I don't get to play live..... well, ever. So this is gonna be a gas no matter what we sound like. I'm especially excited about the Golson pieces; those are a blast to play, and "Whisper Not" is one of my favorite ballads anyways!

Anyway, if you're in the area I hope to see you there. And if you're in the area on Wednesday night, go see QUARTET OUT. Now THAT, my friends, is real jazz!!!! :tup:tup:tup