Dumb iPod question

bertrand

After you've finished rolling on the floor laughing at my stupidity, please answer this: can I plug in the small speakers I have on my computer into my iPod, or will it destroy the iPod? I'm going on a trip, and I want to be able to listen in the hotel room.

My alternative is to buy those mini Altec speakers made especially for this use, but they're $150.

Thanks,

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

So there's no risk damaging the iPod due to power/voltage issues?

I stopped by a camera store tonight that sold the altecs. Those morons claimed it wouldn't work unless you went through a computer. This made no sense to me, since you can plug in any headphone...

Soul Stream, what brand of speakers do you use? I want something small, but the ones on my PC are pretty crappy. I may have to settle for those for this week-end, unless anyone can recommend something I can pick up cheap and quickly at something like radio shack. I saw a pair of Sony speakers last week-end at a wal-mart that were $10. I figured, how bad can Sony sound like? I would prefer to pay $10 than $150. It was a little less compact than the altec, but the price difference just isn't worth it.

Thanks to everyone in advance for thier input. I need to resolve this by Friday.

Bertrand.

PS. I think we have some extra computer speakers in a closet. Spring cleaning is long overdue.

Edited by bertrand

I just use the little Sony crap speakers I bought at Best Buy for like...15 or 20 bucks I guess. Use to use them on my computer, got a new computer w/speakers so....hooked my ol' Computer Sony's up to the Ipod and...walla...worky, worky. It ain't gonna hurt an ipod...it's like plugging in your headphones...no voltage going to the ipod from these things.... :D

• 2 weeks later...