organissimo on WCMU tonight

So then, it's nothing like the infamous Terry Groos interview of Gene Simmons, ya? ;)

Is this some dutch female I don't know? :P

Drat!

Sorry - misspelling. Jean Simmons.

Double drat!

You must be thinking of Terry VanGroos. I think she's the meteorologist on WOOD-TV or something... 

Aaaaand TRIPLE drat!!!!

I feel completely groosed out.

Anyways, I guess the radio station doesn't archive these interviews. So I'll wait for the archive on this site.

Thanks Jim  :tup

I could hear your daughter a bit in the background!

Zora is a musical little kid. She is constantly hammering away on the piano, and her vocal utterances are very melodic. She will be smokin' dad's butt, on some instrument, by the time she is 12. :)

Thanks, Jim! It's clear from that interview that you're as articulate verbally as you are musically. You know, hearing that interview made me think how well a similar feature would play on a couple of nationally syndicated radio shows that originate here in Philly: "Fresh Air" with Terri Gross (produced by WHYY), and "World Cafe" with David Dye (produced by WXPN). Both are heard on hundreds of public radio stations by millions of people across the country every day. You guys should send them this interview and both of the CD's, and maybe pitch it as the story of (1) a regional band about to break nationally, (2) pushing the jazz-organ-trio in new musical directions, (3) making unique use of an internet bulletin board to develop an international following while fostering the development of a diverse international on-line community of jazz fans.

Just a thought.